• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Hulk 2... worth slabbing? EDIT: grade in... holy c#@p...

26 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2018 at 11:53 AM, oldrover said:

hulk2cover.thumb.jpeg.2f58a92512b67baa8359bd9693ebb108.jpeghulk2back.thumb.jpeg.a76a20bdb511e7062c444b5ab58cce95.jpeg

It could do with a press to fix the spine roll... but maybe that's just like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. LOL... I'm thinking 1.0? or is that hoping?

despite the piece out, it is better than a 1.0 IMO as the eye appeal is 2.0-2.5 otherwise. I'd say 1.5 and some dealers wouldn't blink calling it a 1.8 

Edited by Primetime

I agree with the latest grades.  If that piece wasn't out, I could see a 2.5 with a press.  If you press that book, ( a good job that reverses spine roll ) even with the piece out, I could see a 2.0, and a 1.8 conservatively.  The book has structural integrity, no tape or writing, reasonable chipping and big uninterrupted areas.  I like this kind of book. 

I think it has a little more potential than a few of the guesses. I know there is more to grading than the cover but your example looks much better than mine. Mine is slightly faded , plenty of other flaws and I did not have it pressed and it got a 2.0. I will try and find a few photos of the book before it was slabbed  

3BB3BC88-52E2-4DC4-98F6-56D7096B89D8.png

Edited by Lamborghinikid

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

are you planning on selling it? If not- what is the rush in slabbing it? Are you concerned there is some restoration?

If this were my copy, I would leave it as is and would not be selling.

I am in the gradual process of selling off my whole collection.