• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee Stories
2 2

122 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, kav said:

what was the worst thing anyone said to him that would 'drive him off'?

Kav, I love you like my luggage......but cripes, sometimes you can be exhausting.

We don't even know for sure if he's been driven off.  But if the people in that Vespa forum had responded like some in here, I might not have bothered to return either.  Or, if I had returned after someone called my request for information "stupid", I might have politely told them they could go *spoon* themselves.  But that's just me.  Everybody is different and you can't predict every situation based what you "think" they are doing.

Just now, Domo Arigato said:

I did this very thing on a Vespa forum when I was selling my dads old Vespa.  I made a post detailing what information I was looking for and logged out.  Read the responses (logged off) over the next several days.  A while later (a week or two) I did log back on and thank everyone for their help......but of course, that thread hadn't turned in to the feces filled embarrassment that this one has.

The point I'm trying to make, Kav.....is neither you or anyone else in here knows.  You could certainly be right.  You could also be wrong.

In your original Vespa post besides being "detailed," meaning you put some effort into your request, did you say something to the affect (effect? I really need to learn the difference between those two words) Thanks for your help!  ??

Reading your posts here for awhile, I bet you did which had an effect (affect?) on your responses. 

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

OP came once, posted, never came back to see responses. Good responses, bad responses, sassy responses, any responses. OP just never bothered to come back regardless of what anyone posted. 

Who cares? Seriously. 

You had a choice to come in and share a story or read some stories or just move on.

You chose paranoia and questioning some random person’s motive.

I mean, I get it. Imagine all the chaos this person could do with stories about Stan Lee. Holy .

Good job!!

Just now, Park said:

Who cares? Seriously. 

You had a choice to come in and share a story or read some stories or just move on.

You chose paranoia and questioning some random person’s motive.

I mean, I get it. Imagine all the chaos this person could do with stories about Stan Lee. Holy .

Good job!!

I care as much as I do in this comic forum which is somewhat. And that's the gauge of my response. You're right, I question things. 

1 minute ago, NoMan said:

In your original Vespa post besides being "detailed," meaning you put some effort into your request, did you say something to the affect (effect? I really need to learn the difference between those two words) Thanks for your help!  ??

Reading your posts here for awhile, I bet you did which had an effect (affect?) on your responses. 

I probably did.....but I also wasn't a kid when I did it. 

I think the o.p. gave enough "detail" into what they were looking for based on the fact that several people (who weren't assuming the worst) shared their experiences for them.

I probably did.....but I also wasn't a kid when I did it. 

I think the o.p. gave enough "detail" into what they were looking for based on the fact that several people (who weren't assuming the worst) shared their experiences for them.

Like I said I'm fairly bored which is the only reason I'm soldiering on so bail at any time, but what makes the community response so different (and it's MUCH different) when first time posters ask How Much Is This Worth? kinda thread?

Why assume the worst? Maybe they're a kid? and on and on...

18 minutes ago, Park said:

lol

I remember when you came here and it was widely thought you were some kid with problems.

Many people, including myself, reached out to you publicly and privately. 

Now you question everyone that comes on here. Bravo.

I learned from the best.  But to be fair I always defend the ones that come on and get attacked.  Unless they are some scammer like that goodnewscomics guy.  I do not defend the ones that come on and post once and leave.

2 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Like I said I'm fairly bored which is the only reason I'm soldiering on so bail at any time, but what makes the community response so different (and it's MUCH different) when first time posters ask How Much Is This Worth? kinda thread?

Why assume the worst? Maybe they're a kid? and on and on...

My Vespa first time post was essentially a "How much is this worth?" kind of thread.  And I don't ever recall assuming the worst when someone makes a seemingly legitimate request for information.

Now, if the o.p. had come in and said he found a copy of Action #1 hidden inside a wall and then proceeds to post a scan of the Dentists high grade copy, then you can get in line behind me to tear them a new a-hole.  This didn't seem like that type of thread. 

Here's a Stan Lee story:  One time Stan posted on a forum, asking a question.  He got multiple answers, asked questions, thanked everyone.  The end.

1 minute ago, kav said:

Here's a Stan Lee story:  One time Stan posted on a forum, asking a question.  He got multiple answers, asked questions, thanked everyone.  The end.

I thought you were Hancock and you drank and stuff......but thanks for sharing.

2 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

I thought you were Hancock and you drank and stuff......but thanks for sharing.

No I'm..............KILROY.....kilroy....

My Vespa first time post was essentially a "How much is this worth?" kind of thread.  And I don't ever recall assuming the worst when someone makes a seemingly legitimate request for information.

Now, if the o.p. had come in and said he found a copy of Action #1 hidden inside a wall and then proceeds to post a scan of the Dentists high grade copy, then you can get in line behind me to tear them a new a-hole.  This didn't seem like that type of thread. 

Who's to say how to respond? It's an individual hunch. Maybe the Action #1 posting Dentist's copy is a kid who just needs someone to be nice to him. Why be mean and run him off he could become a great member of the community and grow into a life long collector? You draw the line and Action #1 poster in your example above. I draw the line at this thread's OP. 

1 minute ago, NoMan said:

Who's to say how to respond? It's an individual hunch. Maybe the Action #1 posting Dentist's copy is a kid who just needs someone to be nice to him. Why be mean and run him off he could become a great member of the community and grow into a life long collector? You draw the line and Action #1 poster in your example above. I draw the line at this thread's OP. 

I draw the line at an obvious liar.  I don't draw it at a hunch.  There's a difference.

4 minutes ago, NoMan said:

If someone tries to get attention by lying, the worst thing you can do is coddle em.  thats probly why they became an insecure liar in the first place.

I draw the line at an obvious liar.  I don't draw it at a hunch.  There's a difference.

Hunch? Obvious? I think the OP here is an obvious liar. I understand you wanting to leave. I appreciate you helping with my boredom. 

Edited by NoMan

4 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Hunch? Obvious? I think the OP here is an obvious liar. I understand you wanting to leave. I appreciate you helping with my boredom. 

Your thinking is a hunch.

3 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I don't understand. 

she said she was engaged to dave and posted pic to prove it.  other girl did image search found 'dave' was a stock image.