• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee Stories
2 2

122 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, NoMan said:

While I respect you, I'm at the point where I'm not bored enough to continue. So, like you said, I'm out!

Give me five more minutes......I can usually bore the hell out of people.

5 minutes ago, Park said:

Question what? What possible nefarious motives could this person have?

Like Domo said, the guy with granpappy’s Action #1 is open to questioning. The opportunity to share some stories about Stan Lee and questioning that? It makes zero sense and adds another inhospitable mark to this place.

I never met Stan. I went to several cons and got to see him from afar. He wasn’t the be all end all for me although I respected what he did for the medium most of us love and enjoy. It was super cool seeing kids excited to meet the guy from the movies. It creates a link from the movies to the comics and whether or not that made any kids start reading books, I don’t know. It was still cool.

Questioning the impetus of this thread is incredibly nonsensical. I skip most of the other threads in CG that go to and it never bothers me too much as I have bombed my fair share of threads back to the Stone Age. This thread could have been interesting but alas, it is dead as who is gonna read this far?

I expect no one to change or read this or really give a shlt but it would be nice once in a while to not berate somebody over something innocuous and then either battle everyone calling making mention (not just you and I am utilizing your responses as more of a catch all) or ignoring the question and firing back at other people.

That’s all. Carry on and I will head back to PMs.

If I'm sitting in a cofffeeshop and someone opens the door and says hey anyone know stories about stan lee? then shuts the door and runs off, I'm allowed to consider that person a dolt.

1 hour ago, kav said:

Sorry I couldnt be more argumentative!!

I would go with that as opposed to responding to anything I said or just owning it.

Good call.

9 hours ago, Park said:

Question what? What possible nefarious motives could this person have?

Like Domo said, the guy with granpappy’s Action #1 is open to questioning. The opportunity to share some stories about Stan Lee and questioning that? It makes zero sense and adds another inhospitable mark to this place.

I never met Stan. I went to several cons and got to see him from afar. He wasn’t the be all end all for me although I respected what he did for the medium most of us love and enjoy. It was super cool seeing kids excited to meet the guy from the movies. It creates a link from the movies to the comics and whether or not that made any kids start reading books, I don’t know. It was still cool.

Questioning the impetus of this thread is incredibly nonsensical. I skip most of the other threads in CG that go to and it never bothers me too much as I have bombed my fair share of threads back to the Stone Age. This thread could have been interesting but alas, it is dead as who is gonna read this far?

I expect no one to change or read this or really give a shlt but it would be nice once in a while to not berate somebody over something innocuous and then either battle everyone calling making mention (not just you and I am utilizing your responses as more of a catch all) or ignoring the question and firing back at other people.

That’s all. Carry on and I will head back to PMs.

Fair enough opinion. 

Edited by NoMan

9 hours ago, Park said:

I would go with that as opposed to responding to anything I said or just owning it.

Good call.

Just because I decline to argue does not mean I have something to 'own'.  Thats a logic fallacy.  

2 minutes ago, Park said:

You get called out and you can’t back up anything you say. 

Give me one logical, reasonable reason to jump on an innocuous post that could have been something cool?

Boredom? (shrug)

I figure that's the main reason most do what they do around here.

26 minutes ago, Park said:

You get called out and you can’t back up anything you say. 

Give me one logical, reasonable reason to jump on an innocuous post that could have been something cool?

You seem hell bent on dragging me into an argument.  Go see RMA-he'll oblige ya.

Give me one logical, reasonable reason you jumped on my innocuous posts when I first joined.  You were one of the  main guys.  It's always the main attackers that then act like they are such champions of victims when they see the opportunity to go after someone.  

30 minutes ago, kav said:

You sound very angry-like a teenager that's gonna hurt himself-are you ok?  Serious question.

I’m am genuinely sorry I ever gave you the benefit of the doubt. 

You don’t even have the balls to admit that what I said was true. It’s pretty pathetic.

3 minutes ago, Park said:

I’m am genuinely sorry I ever gave you the benefit of the doubt. 

You don’t even have the balls to admit that what I said was true. It’s pretty pathetic.

download (25).jpeg