• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Degenerates- Show us books where you own the sole top 2+ copies!
2 2

15 posts in this topic

Ok, we have some true collecting degenerates on the boards, and likely one or two true degenerates. For the CGC collecting degenerates, show us the issue(s) where you own the sole top two or more CGC graded copies. Not looking for issues where you own two 9.8s (none higher) and there are 45 on the census. I'm looking for issues where there are two 9.8s (none higher) and you own both of them. Or older issues might have a 6.0 and a 4.5 as the top two CGC graded copies, and you own both of them. Some of you might have 4 9.8s of one issue and those are the only 4 with none higher, that fits the bill. If there are two highest graded 9.6s and one Sig Series 9.6 that you don't own, that doesn't fit the bill. Verstehen Sie?

I'm hoping we still see some cool obscure issues.

Here's my entry:

The only two CGC 9.8 copies of the 1st appearance of Mystery Men (awesome movie parody of superheroes, probably in theaters 10 years too early).

1135759001_1200.jpg

1135759002_1200.jpg

There are other copies at CGC 9.6 and lower, but only one has the old label (which I also own):

0043453001_1200.jpg

58 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Here's my entry:

The only two CGC 9.8 copies of the 1st appearance of Mystery Men (awesome movie parody of superheroes, probably in theaters 10 years too early).

There are other copies at CGC 9.6 and lower, but only one has the old label (which I also own):

Ok, that's cool! I doubt I've even seen that book before.