• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the Best Comic Storage Short Box
1 1

25 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2018 at 4:40 PM, BCarter27 said:

I'll never understand why people pay zillions for books with white pages and then store them in cardboard boxes which are off-gassing like crazy.

These are much better-

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/product/5410/compact-comic-storage-box-11-x-7-1316-x-11-brfont-colorredholds-up-to-100-comicsfontbrplastic-corrugated

They are indestructible and I could stack them 4 high, no problem.

For long term storage, throw a few pieces of Microchamber paper in there and maybe a dessicant bag too.

And if you look in the other categories, you can get them for slab sizes, art book sizes, etc.

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/search?searchterm=plastic+corrugated

Agreed. This is what I use. 

I definitely prefer the BCW plastic comic book bins. They are stackable, sturdy and safer (in my opinion). I have a bunch and will probably buy more in the future. Not only are they made of hard plastic, but they also have small slide “locks” to keep the lid securely closed. They are a bit more expensive than cardboard, but they are a great investment.  

163CF094-8A86-4762-B06F-D6234490F294.jpeg

5005C3DD-4332-449A-B9D2-617E2A2A9BF2.jpeg

Edited by Sarah Wilson

9 minutes ago, Sarah Wilson said:

I definitely prefer the BCW plastic comic book bins. They are stackable, sturdy and safer (in my opinion). I have a bunch and will probably buy more in the future. They are a bit more expensive than cardboard, but they are a great investment.  

I already bought a couple of those corrugated ones that fit slabs and mylar books.  I don't plan on growing my collection massively and I am not currently buying new books, just a couple old ones here and there.  I think they will do the trick...

My books are in a Bankers Box now which is half as thick as a comic book box cardboard and basically garbage, anything would be better...

Edited by Karl Liebl

On 11/18/2018 at 6:24 PM, Sarah Wilson said:

I definitely prefer the BCW plastic comic book bins. They are stackable, sturdy and safer (in my opinion). I have a bunch and will probably buy more in the future. Not only are they made of hard plastic, but they also have small slide “locks” to keep the lid securely closed. They are a bit more expensive than cardboard, but they are a great investment.  

163CF094-8A86-4762-B06F-D6234490F294.jpeg

5005C3DD-4332-449A-B9D2-617E2A2A9BF2.jpeg

Nice, I use these too. Where did you get the dividers from?