• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does this FF #52 Look Colour Touched? (Photos Added)
1 1

29 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

Maybe just give up on this book then and buy a slabbed one.  How much is your peace of mind worth?  It has something going on with the paper anyway... my copy doesn't have those ridges.

Why do you make every thread about you, and your brother, and some LCS that you know the exact city but not the name of the store that allegedly tries to "rob" all of its customers..?

The topic is not about your copy of the book.

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

Why do you make every thread about you, and your brother, and some LCS that you know the exact city but not the name of the store that allegedly tries to "rob" all of its customers..?

I am not trying to sell my copy to him.  I am simply saying mine doesn't have ridges.  The OP asked for opinions and I gave mine.  Why so sad?  If you don't want to read my content just block it and move along... at the very least just send me PM when you feel the need to moan again!

On 11/30/2018 at 3:05 PM, Karl Liebl said:

I am not trying to sell my copy to him.  I am simply saying mine doesn't have ridges.  The OP asked for opinions and I gave mine.  Why so sad?  If you don't want to read my content just block it and move along... at the very least just send me PM when you feel the need to moan again!

That's interesting... I don't see a post from the OP asking about your copy of the book...

Please keep your posts on-topic and refrain from boasting about your collection. There's many selling forums here if you're looking to sell something. Otherwise, I don't think anyone's interested in the quality of your copies vs the ones being discussed.

On 11/30/2018 at 2:45 PM, TwoPiece said:

On 11/30/2018 at 3:05 PM, Karl Liebl said:

46 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

That's interesting... I don't see a post from the OP asking about your copy of the book...

Please keep your posts on-topic and refrain from boasting about your collection. There's many selling forums here if you're looking to sell something. Otherwise, I don't think anyone's interested in the quality of your copies vs the ones being discussed.

I thought this ended Friday.  Talk about stirring the pot.  :facepalm:

On 11/30/2018 at 1:43 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

I have a book that had a similar dot , maybe even smaller, that bled through. It's a judgement call by CGC for intent. I got a Purple label. I then resubbed for Signature Service to at least get the Yellow/Purple label. It's ironic that it's okay to sign a book for SS but the one tiny dot is punished. 

Yeah, it's always a gamble I guess. I had a SA X-Men graded 9.0 or 9.2 back in the day with a similar dot on the exterior of the BC. Blue label.

But, this book being a black cover, and coming from a lot of books that have obvious CT on some of the books is what makes me wary to purchase it... Gonna get a blacklight and inspect it once more. I'm not too concerned about those ridges. 

Stay tuned!

On 12/3/2018 at 9:21 AM, TwoPiece said:

Typically, I don't login on the weekends.

Typically, claiming that someone else is "stirring the pot", is actually "stirring the pot".

"Stirring the pot" is important, otherwise your oatmeal will stick to the bottom and burn. True story.:wink:

Edited by KEY ISSUES Comics