• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone here exclusively collect Bronze?

14 posts in this topic

I've definitely paid attention to bronze more.... I wouldn't go exclusively as there is newer and older stuff I like :foryou:

Personally I'd take the 9.2 all day, but depending on the book, if it was HOS#92 or another rare in white only pages I might flip a coin but still would probably go with 9.2.... 

lol i hope that helps @Westy Steve

I don't think I actually collect any more as I haven't bought anything in a long time, but BA is where I usually put my money.  It's the era I grew up in so books of that time have the most emotional connection to me.  Especially the earlier BA period with DC up to the 100 pager period.

10 hours ago, Brock said:

I send to collect bronze only, but that was when I was a kids, back in the 70s.

in those days, we called them moderns, though!

:preach:

Not really though, we called them "comics" lol

The term "modern" applied only to art and furniture . . . ;)

Edited by divad

I echo the comment about the era I grew up in...born in '68 it was all bronze and early copper...those are the only eras I buy now and only keys...I try to keep it 9.0 and above but have lesser copies of ASM 129 and HOS 92...I just remember reading and buying these comics between '75 and '85... nostalgia...

Bronze are as new as I go generally, as they were my off the racks grade school books. I more actively collect golden age these days, but I love filling in bronze reader runs. I'll occasionally read and release early copper too, as that transitional early 80's timeframe is when I began buying back issues (mostly earlier bronze and silver, from before my racks time, to fill in and read runs.) 

Still have my Iron Man, Avengers, Defenders full sets, and my X-Men from 94-150; over time they hold up as my faves, but you could probably set me down for a quiet afternoon with any number of bronze runs and I'd read them and have a temporary new fave for a while. 

On 11/15/2018 at 10:33 PM, Westy Steve said:

Just curious if you do.  I'm moving that way. When/how did you decide?

I've been collecting only high grade Bronze for the past several years, after deciding to sell the high grade slabbed Silver Age collection.  There were many factors in the decision, with a main one being that my wife and I were nearing retirement (and have now both retired from full time work), and wanted to liquidate for the retirement fund.

Edited by namisgr

Quite the opposite nurturing effect to many here.

As a 70s Bronze Age kid I loved reading the DC 100 pagers, which contained stories from as far back as the start of the Golden Age, and I developed an interest in and have always collected material from all Ages.  

I can't imagine collecting only Bronze. There are just too many cool comics from other eras to exclude them. I get the idea of collecting from the era that you like most, or prefer most but to exclude all else? That's just crazy talk ;)  

Edited by Jerkfro

80/20 bronze Marvel.  A little copper here and there to resell and I read a couple modern titles a month.  Keeper collection is all Marvel Bronze