• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Incredible Hulk #3 with stain on cover :-/
2 2

26 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Long shot guess on my part would be a 3.0, looks a sound, solid structure, which may be it's saving grace, but that is a heavy stain penetrating into the book, so may end lower?

Yes sorry,the whole book looks the same (without stain on majority of pages) Thank you!Jeff

5 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Long shot guess on my part would be a 3.0, looks a sound, solid structure, which may be it's saving grace, but that is a heavy stain penetrating into the book, so may end lower?

I like your observations, Gnasher. The staining on the book is pretty nasty, but the book has nice color and what appears to be a clean, solid interior other than the staining. 3.0 works for me...  

1 hour ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

we might think it's a 3.0 but CGC will never grade it that high so 2.5

More than likely, but I can remember in the Green Eggs Grading competition this, Granted this is the back cover but I've allowed for that in the grading of the front cover on Hulk 3. The Spidey in addition has a large chunk out.

I hope @thirdgreenham doesn't mind me using this?( I'll remove if you wish it). Here he is revealing the results for one of the rounds, scroll to the 2 minute mark for the reveal on the 2nd book.

1635789945_AmazingSpider-Man194_rear.thumb.jpg.8d5ba6dfbd100b7495f6dbbb019212c3.jpg

Edited by Gnasher

Thank you for the help guys! I DID make a mistake..The stain goes through 8 pages..O.o BUT the interior of the book is pretty darn nice..And I have a new phone that I cant figure out how to adjust the camera focus.. Question is still a 2.5-3.0? I just want to post it up for trade correctly.  Thanks again,Jeff

20181118_081115.jpg.7cb9f605f3ebe6da8178fd57360b5608.jpg

20181118_081104.jpg

20181118_081131.jpg

Reviving an old thread of mine...

:ohnoez:ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!??????????  This Hulk #3 graded at a >>>> 3.5<<< via CGC!!!!!:whatthe: !! 

It is now part of a "set/run" on eBay..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174932100840?hash=item28bac406e8:g:vfIAAOSwLAVhEurs

Image 21 - INCREDIBLE HULK #2 3 4 5 6 CGC 1962 Marvel 1st apperance Silverage Rare lot

Edited by bikesnbuses

Thanks for sharing this result, it's very educational! Stains don't seem to be that hammered by CGC. I think you can have a book with half the cover with water damage/staining and still be VG. In this case, the stain happens to be a dark-colored one so it really hits the eye appeal, but not necessarily the technical grade.