• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Campbell art resembling Liefeld
1 1

43 posts in this topic

pretty bad but not liefeld level bad.  Its the rare modern comic artist that can draw hair that doesnt look like plastic doll/figurine hair.  Wish I could get em all in a room and say ok guys this is how you draw hair-

Edited by kav

while I don't think the Campbell image resembles Liefeld, I definitely do not like it. One of the worst Campbell's I have ever seen to be honest.

What is starting to resemble Liefeld is the weird proportioned ultra skinny females Campbell has been doing as of late. Really look at Storm on that cover....she looks like she is warped/skewed.

typical JSC anatomy with knee placement variable depending on the figure, which is the type of thing that I have come to understand

but I don't get all those lines on Conan's legs at all

Something about the way Conan is holding that ax bugs me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think the ax is way too small, and that's probably causing Conan to hold it in a weird way.

I don't know -- I love most of Campbell's artwork but this one causing me to scratch my head. The initial Liefeld comparisons were because Conan's strength looks to be greatly exaggerated in this piece.

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

and... who really wants to read a story about Conan VS. the X-men?

I won't be picking this up and I am a major Conan collector.

:gossip: it's not Conan vs. the X-Men...

https://www.previewsworld.com/Article/220555-Conan-Takes-on-Marvel-Heroes-and-Villains-in-Variant-Covers

Edited by ygogolak

2 hours ago, NamesJay said:

Something about the way Conan is holding that ax bugs me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think the ax is way too small, and that's probably causing Conan to hold it in a weird way.

I don't know -- I love most of Campbell's artwork but this one causing me to scratch my head. The initial Liefeld comparisons were because Conan's strength looks to be greatly exaggerated in this piece.

I caught that too-bad at drawing the way anatomy interacts with objects.   Based on that image the area of ax handle Conan is holding is about as thick as a stirring straw.

FAIL