• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men and Captain Universe: Sleeping Giants (1994) Submission Question

1 post in this topic

Hello All...

I have a few questions regarding the grading of the personalized (and serialized) mail-in comic book, 'X-Men and Captain Universe: Sleeping Giants' that was published in 1994:

1) I am debating whether or not to submit XM-CU:SG for grading but I would like the trading card that is with it to be included in the holder as well (and not just buried inside the comic as one seller commented that they "believed it to be" inside the book.) Is this something CGC is able to do upon request? I want the card visible in the holder if at all possible. (I only see two CGC slabbed 'X-Men Captain Universe: Sleeping Giant' comics on Ebay, and neither have the card in the holder... so is CGC removing the cards prior to encapsulation OR are these books being submitted to CGC without the card?)

2) On the CGC Census Board, the 'XM-CU:SG comic currently only has a Grand Total of NINE submissions of various grades. The Census Board itself is segregated into two sections: The top section does not indicate what the book is being graded for and contains 5 submissions. The bottom section is titled, "Carded Edition" and contains 4 submissions. Does this mean that the top section is the Non-carded Edition and/or books whose cards were not submitted with the comic? (was there a non-carded edition of this book??)

3) Does a lower serial number mean that the book could be potentially worth more on the market? For instance, if someone were to have serial number 00001... would this be worth more than higher serial numbers?

BTW... I originally posted these questions in the "Ask CGC" Forum about 2 weeks ago and my post remained available to view for a few hours and then it disappeared (as it said it would in the write-up) but I never received a response nor did it reappear, so I am reposting here in the hope that someone can help answer?? I've visited the CGC message boards a dozen times since 2 weeks ago searching for a reply from the moderator but it always says, "Your first post must be approved by a moderator." (Just as it does now.) Well, I made my first post back then but I guess it got lost in cyberspace somewhere so I hope when I hit send that this makes it to the boards.

Hoping GCG and friendly board members can help clarify some of this for me...  thanks in advance for any help and answers!

THANKS!

---CBK---