• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Maher on comics and Stan.
2 2

146 posts in this topic

In the 80s , here in Norway , Marvel comics didnt seem to be popular , The Phantom was very popular 70s/80s but then in 90s it wasnt as popluar as it used to be , some people blamed cable tv and video games but maybe the stories werent as good as they used to be , theyve now decided to cancel it , kids today have no interest in Phantom

The Phantom 1964 - 2018. ........thats a long run though (26 issues a yr since 1970-2013 then 12 issues a yr)

BTAS flopped too , only 12 issues were printed :(

I wonder if comics get more respect in France , people like Herge and Goschinny/Uderzo ?

Edited by postersandstuff

...and here I thought that it was the overabundance of "talking heads", telling us what to think, that was responsible for the "dumbing down" of America. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

Again...this schlep took part in the filming of Iron Man 3.  I am sure he got paid for his appearance even though it wound up on the cutting room floor.  He is complete hypocrite for mocking the genre, and the people who...."oh I don't know, go out and see a movie",  when he agreed to partake in a movie due to Stan's creation.  Perhaps his feelings were hurt because he didn't make the final cut. I would love for him to address his time filming the movie, but he will not.   He sucks. 

38 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

Again...this schlep took part in the filming of Iron Man 3.  I am sure he got paid for his appearance even though it wound up on the cutting room floor.  He is complete hypocrite for mocking the genre, and the people who...."oh I don't know, go out and see a movie",  when he agreed to partake in a movie due to Stan's creation.  Perhaps his feelings were hurt because he didn't make the final cut. I would love for him to address his time filming the movie, but he will not.   He sucks. 

Exactly. It's called a job. It doesn't mean he loves Iron Man, Marvel, Stan Lee, or comic books. :screwy:

6 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Exactly. It's called a job. It doesn't mean he loves Iron Man, Marvel, Stan Lee, or comic books. :screwy:

But it does make him a hypocrite.  Pretty sure he also signs off on his appearances.  He was already a millionaire, the movie shoot would not make or break his bank.  Not like he HAD to do it.   I can also insert cute emoji' :   :censored:  

On 11/21/2018 at 9:10 AM, Buzzetta said:
On 11/21/2018 at 6:25 AM, Chuck Gower said:

Every stripper knew the answer in that meeting. I had dancers who were 20 years old to 33 years old, American born and South American born, they all knew Peter Parker was Spider-man. 

I thought you ran a comic store for some reason. lol 

Chuck is a multitalented man who does/did both, and more.  That's why I love him.

11 hours ago, toro said:

Put me into the warning boat too.  I honestly don't understand why.  If the topic turned too political, that was never my intention.  The boards and grading companies don't exist without Stan and I just thought Bill was taking a cheap shot at an industry and the man when he had just passed.

You should be ashamed of yourself.  It's not the Mod's problems if you don't understand their hidden (and not so hidden) agendas. :ph34r:

One of my posts was also reported where I stated what Greggy could do with my foot. I thought it was funny but just ironically people seem to have lost their sense of humor 

Edited by jsilverjanet

4 hours ago, Transplant said:
On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:34 PM, jimjum12 said:
On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:03 PM, lizards2 said:

I got a warning for one of my posts in this thread, but I think it was for using the word Richard, of all things.  I don't remember threatening anyone.  Unless my post threatened their snowflake sensibilities.

….. never underestimate the bottled rage of a snowflake …. GOD BLESS....

It's been my experience of late, and this is not directly addressed to the two of you, that people using the term "snowflake" to described someone they perceive as too easily offended, are often the first ones who want to squash unpopular opinions.  Just saying.

...I was just poking fun at Mike …. I'm not even sure which posts got pulled or what they pertained to. Hopefully, you weren't one of the offended ones, as you've always been cool with me. As for Maher …. I no longer have much respect for him. He is entitled to his opinion, but the boorish way in which he presented it speaks volumes about his character. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 11/18/2018 at 8:35 AM, Chuck Gower said:

There's a difference between pedophilia and statutory rape.

jaw-dropping.gif  

1 hour ago, NamesJay said:

I received a warning on my post. Looking back I shouldn't have posted what I did.

I received the warning for  " masking of inappropriate language ".   Except I didn't do that, I typed in the 2 asterisks and the word spoon in between them myself.  I always thought the mods could tell what was actually typed in.  (shrug)

3 minutes ago, toro said:

I received the warning for  " masking of inappropriate language ".   Except I didn't do that, I typed in the 2 asterisks and the word spoon in between them myself.  I always thought the mods could tell what was actually typed in.  (shrug)

mods issue some goofy warnings take it from me.  I got one for posting this:

:gossip:

Edited by kav

10 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Come on Kav, that makes perfect sense :insane:

right I forgot it was extremely triggering.

27 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

OMG, you said "triggering" now I am triggered, time to hold my emotional support dog and retreat to my safe space.

-and take your placards with you!

Anyone have how to see what post you got a warning for. I didn’t think I posted anything controversial in this thread but still scored a warning

from now on I only post

“CGC does an amazing job”

”wow that’s very insightful please tell me more”

”cool books”