• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aquaman #2 (1994) - Possible Error Edition?

10 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I'm not a DC fan, nor am I fan of most comics from '89-94, so my knowledge is rather limited when it comes to this period. Can anyone help me out with this?

I picked up a copy of Aquaman #2, the one where he loses his hand, and the last page of the book (letters page) fades out towards the bottom. Anyone know if this a common defect?

Thank in advance.

Photo 2018-11-17, 10 55 30 AM.jpg

Photo 2018-11-17, 10 55 41 AM.jpg

I am somewhat amused that what would have normally been called a "printing defect" is now characterized (or sought to be characterized) as an "error" edition.  No offense to the OP, but the latter characterization seeks to impart some "collectible value" to what was once just considered "sloppy" workmanship. (:

1 hour ago, divad said:

I am somewhat amused that what would have normally been called a "printing defect" is now characterized (or sought to be characterized) as an "error" edition.  No offense to the OP, but the latter characterization seeks to impart some "collectible value" to what was once just considered "sloppy" workmanship. (:

Hey, I'm not the one who has created these niches in the hobby. ;-) If someone wants to pay premiums for errors, recalled editions, etc, I'll gladly sell my book to them.

Better to ask and be safe rather than sorry in case it turns out to be valuable and sought after, right?

Edited by KEY ISSUES Comics

Some defects are more important then others in my experience.

Double Covers, foil screw ups, missing pages, missing ink all desirable defects.

Faded pages, extra staples, ink smears on inside, printer scrapes not so much.

Its usually the visual defects that a buyer wants something they can see front or back.