• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In praise of Paste Pot Pete

63 posts in this topic

Stan signed #158 Trapster appearance... (not mine)

Image result for spectacular spider man 158 cgc

8 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Related image

Good Lord, who thought yellow thigh-highs were an improvement?!

True PPP goodness will get us back on track.

2F940C60-9C68-4957-AE7C-82E71EB71FC4.thumb.jpeg.63b90c50dcc779f08263baeb69cda668.jpeg

01D04BD9-21E8-4921-926C-52AAB424EAC9.thumb.jpeg.ee9aa8a2ace1ce2e7defe3bc73fa87d5.jpeg

Paste Pot Pete is a top tier, movie in the waiting mega star compared to this dreadful DC offering...

Image result for paste pot pete comic panel

On 11/17/2018 at 5:41 PM, comicquant said:

I will do this out of respect for the people who knew this character was awful but went through with it anyway.  I guarantee someone in storyboarding said "This is so bad we have to run with it."

You’ll never do the purple beret justice.

11 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Does anyone remember the story behind these panels ?? did Paste Pot fight the Wasp or the Avengers ??

Baron Zemo glued the Avengers to the street.  they called in Paste Pot Pete to melt the glue, which he did, in exchange for a lesser sentence.

13 hours ago, namisgr said:

I couldn't let this cover posting go by without saying that this is one of the most ridiculously, hilariously classic villain costumes in the annals of Marveldom.  I love it!

I am so happy that PPP overcame his bout of anorexia in later issues.

2 hours ago, FineCollector said:

Baron Zemo glued the Avengers to the street.  they called in Paste Pot Pete to melt the glue, which he did, in exchange for a lesser sentence.

Only after Captain America commandeered a tow truck and invented sidewalk surfing.

4 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Paste Pot Pete is a top tier, movie in the waiting mega star compared to this dreadful DC offering...

Well, this guy is certainly no Matter Eater Lad....