• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommended Pens for Autographs?

15 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, HENRYSPENCER said:

Recommended Pens for Autographs? Sharpie seems too thick and you run the risk of bleed through....

Any suggestions?

its a brush pen but harder nylon tip-wont flop around etc.  very stable.  not like most brush pens.

8 minutes ago, HENRYSPENCER said:

Kav, on these if the pen moves quickly across the surface of the paper and you do not blot it do you have to worry about bleedthrough?

No bleed as you can see here but you do need to let dry completely for 1-2 min otherwise it can smear.  If you need a more solid non brushy line a copic 0.8 would probably be best.

1 (46).jpg

2 (11).jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00317ERM6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I've also heard good things about Prisma. Have you used them? In this set, you get eight assorted tips.  I like the signature on the Action Comics you posted but I'm looking for something finer and rounder opposed to brush. I've included something similar signature-wise I'm looking for below.

prisma.PNG

auto.PNG

Edited by HENRYSPENCER

On 11/17/2018 at 5:20 PM, HENRYSPENCER said:

Sharpie seems too thick and you run the risk of bleed through....

I've always wondered about this and SS books.   

Anybody ever crack out an old SS book and find that the sig has bleed thru?   I would think that white cover books would be particularly susceptible to this.   How would that effect the grade?  How would CGC handle it?  Would it change peoples feelings on Sig Series in general?  

3 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

I've always wondered about this and SS books.   

Anybody ever crack out an old SS book and find that the sig has bleed thru?   I would think that white cover books would be particularly susceptible to this.   How would that effect the grade?  How would CGC handle it?  Would it change peoples feelings on Sig Series in general?  

I have some maybe 30 year old sharpie drawings and they turned kinda brownish-anyone seen this on sig books?