• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Leader's Report on his visit to the Williamsburg Nostalgia Fest November 2018

14 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Duffman_Comics said:

Gawd I love these reports and boy do I wish I were there.:applause:

Does Gene have a "web" presence?

Sadly, Gene has no web presence. 

The gal at Gene's table on the third page of the Leader's report did end up buying a comic from Gene.... a Hopalong Cassidy comic for her young son, who was dressed as Hopalong and apparently loves the character.... he was probably 6 years old. This is always a neat show... a bit different from a regular con, but interesting. I still regret not springing for a Jimi Hendrix autograph that Keith Hurd had a few years ago. …. and it was long gone the next time I saw him. He's had autographs from Geronimo and Abraham Lincoln, among others, at previous shows. He's the real deal. I was totally broke at this show or I would've come home with an autographed promo shot of Tim Curry in his full regalia from the 1985 movie "Legend".... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

Kudos as always for the continuing reports! They provide us with all the G-rated, voyeuristic pleasure one could ask for. I love seeing Gene's wall books in general, but the assortment for this show, given the nostalgia theme, is especially pleasing to me, what with all the westerns, space books, TV tie-ins... It's definitely a nice change of scenery from the same old Spidey's and Brave and Bolds (NOT that there's anything wrong with them!!).   (thumbsu