• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating amazingspiderfan

14 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!

I would like to nominate amazingspiderfan to the HOS/Probation.

3 reasons to nominating the forum member

• Non-payment since October 13
  • Inconsistent communication
  • Too many lame excuses/Walk off

His lame excuses are:

All communications were in PM only. I am showing you few PMs.

After he negotiated with me, he requested for more pictures in PM. I dropped the price on Amazing Spider-Man #34 CGC 9.4 to $615 shipped (pretty low for GPAnalysis 90 days sale in 2018). He requested for PayPal invoice which I sent it to his first email address. You will see two different email addresses below. The first invoice was sent on October 13th.  HE SAID, I'll take it (later, he argued with me that he never takes it - you will find the part at the end of this post).

Here is the image of his PM:

Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 11.10.38 PM.png

I told him to post "I take it via PM" on my sale thread - you can see my old sale thread.  I asked him to post it TWICE. He never did (either he didn't follow my instruction or he avoided it).

He had a problem with his PayPal account (his PayPal email adddress is onlyspiderman@icloud.com) for over a week. I solved his problem by sending me the check or MO.  He agreed to send me the Cashiers' Check. I never got the check from him for next two weeks. He kept saying his business kept him away from here (if he has a business trip, he should have taken his cell phone anywhere and could pay it through his phone but I don't know what was his ongoing excuse).

He responded my email once a week (sometimes we communicated each other in one day) and kept apologizing me. I asked him when I will get the check or MO. He apologized me again for not sending anything and he asked me to send me other invoice. His second email address was onlyspidermanebay@gmail.com. I sent him the second invoice on November 4th (Upon my suspicion, I personally called PayPal if his email is verified. They said this is non-PayPal email address but the first one is onlyspiderman@icloud.com which is verified as his PayPal address). He was going to pay it via PayPal but I doubted him.

Here is the image of his PM:

Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 11.40.53 PM.png

I sent his second invoice and waited for his payment. I waited for few hours. No communication from him about the payment. It's same old thing for non-payment and his same lame excuses over and over. It wore out my patience. I PMed him that he has been inconsistent and unreliable. We exchanged some heat PMs and he decided to walk off on me on November 5th. HE TOLD ME THAT HE NEVER TAKES IT BUT HE FAILED TO CHECK HIS PM THAT HE ACTUALLY SAID IT. I did warn him once about the HOS/Probation and sent him the guildlines in his PM earlier after two weeks of late payment. 

He told me to not communicate with him anymore. I respected his wish but I don't respect him for wearing out my patience and courtesy.  FYI, I can show you the proof of his canceled invoice and current invoice since November 4th that I have not canceled it.  My copy was sold on eBay last week - no longer available for him.

Hopefully, he will be on the HOS/Probation and he has to learn his hard lesson.

Thanks for your consideration.

Edited by JollyComics

4 hours ago, telerites said:

Did you let him know that you have actually nominated him for the baddie list?

Did you read the last part?  I followed his wish to NOT speak or contact him at all.  Also I warned him about this baddie list early (that was little over three weeks) and don't know if he was aware of it.

1 minute ago, JollyComics said:

Did you read the last part?  I followed his wish to NOT speak or contact him at all.  Also I warned him about this baddie list early (that was little over three weeks) and don't know if he was aware of it.

Not trying to rile you at all, JC.  I read it but I thought (emphasize, thought) that one of the requirements was to let the other party know of the actual nomination.  I admit I do not track the probie nomination forum much nor did I read back through the rules so I easily could be in error.

I wish you the best in the resolution of this matter.  

15 minutes ago, telerites said:

Not trying to rile you at all, JC.  I read it but I thought (emphasize, thought) that one of the requirements was to let the other party know of the actual nomination.  I admit I do not track the probie nomination forum much nor did I read back through the rules so I easily could be in error.

I wish you the best in the resolution of this matter.  

Yes, I read it. Take him on the list or not. I moved on and this is my first nomination.

1 minute ago, JollyComics said:

Yes, I read it. Take him on the list or not. I moved on and this is my first nomination.

For sure not my call, I was trying to helpful so your nomination would not stall because of this issue.  Evidently my post was an epic fail.  Fortunately I have never had to make a nomination myself but do look at this list before buying and selling here and it does definitely impact my decision.  I hope my posting does not deter pursuing this to place a potential probie on the list so others, including myself, may be warned.

9 hours ago, Bird said:

so @amazingspiderfan, you've been nominated. Now he has been notified. I have no horse in this race but hopefully these two can resolve the issue.

I never took the book in the thread , seller continued to sell it in marketplace , and EBAY . Then threatened to add me to this list if u did not pay for the book plus their “expenses”

seller sold book on eBay , I am not sure what they are trying us accomplish here besides berating me further as they spammed me constantly since I inception of transaction .

If this is the way this board utilizes it’s tools they should be ashamed . 

I have never had such a terrible transaction with a seller in my entire collecting hobby ,I would highly recommend avoiding member . 

This will be my last post on this matter 

The point is now moot as the buyer has responded in the thread but for the record a separate PM serving notice of nomination is necessary as that starts the 72hr countdown before being added to the list.

@JollyComics When you asked him to post his take it in the thread did you understand that to be a necessary step to confirm or finalize the sale?

Posting a takeit in the thread wasn't a thread rule.  The nominator noted both books as "available" in his thread days after someone else DID post a takeit in the thread (for another book)and it was 4 days after the PM'd takeit.

Beyond that, a Nov 4th listed ebay auction for the book in question resulting in no damages ($707 sale) makes me question whether the nomination is worth considering when both of the parties seem disinterested in discussion.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-man-34-CGC-9-4-Off-White-to-White-Pages-Kraven-appearance-Movie-/283244413908?hash=item41f2aec3d4%3Ag%3A2UIAAOSwDP1b33cz&redirect=mobile&nma=true&si=hdB9IA29pwhkrzG9YRyjNnXCc9I%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I don't think there's anything holding the buyer to a PM'd takeit when the seller appears to release him from that commitment 4 days later. 

Edited by bababooey

Yeah I think the question of the book's status is a factor complicating this nomination. I do believe the buyer made a clear take it on the book, indeed asked (twice?) for an invoice, but when I think of the typical "dead beat" buyer scenario it usually goes something like this, from the seller's viewpoint, viz 'You took the book and I set it aside off the market waiting for payment and its now 30 days and you still haven't paid and' etc...

But here if the book was all the while still available for others to purchase it suggests the seller had already hedged his bets against the dead beat buyer. This doesn't exonerate the buyer from a flakey transaction, but its not clear to me this is PL worthy, and, in any event, even supposing the buyer comes back full of remorse, what will he do, the book now being sold? That is the eternal debate here, I realize...

15 hours ago, amazingspiderfan said:

I never took the book in the thread , seller continued to sell it in marketplace , and EBAY . Then threatened to add me to this list if u did not pay for the book plus their “expenses”

seller sold book on eBay , I am not sure what they are trying us accomplish here besides berating me further as they spammed me constantly since I inception of transaction .

If this is the way this board utilizes it’s tools they should be ashamed . 

I have never had such a terrible transaction with a seller in my entire collecting hobby ,I would highly recommend avoiding member . 

This will be my last post on this matter 

I never threatened him.

I EXPRESSED my frustration with him for lack of action with all my efforts to sort it out for him for three and half weeks. He asked me to lower the price included shipping I was willing. I changed a new invoice for him with his different email but NOTHING happened. I TRIED to be reasonable with him and made the resolution for him but no avail.  He decided to walk away from me so no one else took my books except one so I had to sell my book on eBay.

It would be much easier if you couldn't do it and TELL me that you wanted to get out. I will accept it and moved on.

You HAD opportunities to acquire my book and to find more AMAZING SPIDER-MAN books here to his collection but I am sorry that you crossed the line.