• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about ComicLink Sticker removal from slab

24 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Pontoon said:
On 11/18/2018 at 5:12 AM, comicdonna said:

I hear Goo Gone works.  

Indeed it do.

I think I may have heard that somewhere.  hm

What to use to remove sticker residue from slab? Started by Westy Steve, October 11, 2017

Comiclink stickers??? 0 Started by Real Elijah Snow, May 17, 2016

is there anyway to remove sticker residue on a comic? Started by rckstr1253, May 8, 2016

Stickers on slabs from Comiclink Started by Brady Smith, November 7, 2015

Comiclink's stickers on their slabs Started by Brady Smith, October 6, 2014

Comiclink - lose the stickers PLEASE! (You Too METROPOLIS!) Started by Boba, September 29, 2014

Slab Stickers (post your tape and sticker horror stories) Started by Comicdey, August 17, 2014

Don't use Goo Be Gone to remove a sticker from a CGC holder posted by Goofy Pine Started by CSJournals-migration, May 23, 2013

Stickers on Slabs Started by Boba Fett-migration, April 17, 2013

Comiclink and Comicconnect sticker removal Started by MutantKeys, August 17, 2012

Auctions and the Stickers posted by Silverage Collector Started by CSJournals-migration, August 7, 2012

CLink Stickers on CGC cases Started by Fallsview, October 15, 2011

Open Letter to Comiclink Started by mndb369, June 17, 2011

Comiclink Labels on the back removing the sticky residue Started by davidking623, June 17, 2010

ComicLink sticker attached to CGC case! Why? Started by Bio-Rupp, February 27, 2010

Comic Link stickers Started by thirdgreenham, November 7, 2009

Unwanted Advertising on my CGC books Started by takeyourlemons, July 17, 2004

Comiclink question? Started by comicmankev, June 8, 2004

51 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

I think I may have heard that somewhere.  hm

What to use to remove sticker residue from slab? Started by Westy Steve, October 11, 2017

Comiclink stickers??? 0 Started by Real Elijah Snow, May 17, 2016

is there anyway to remove sticker residue on a comic? Started by rckstr1253, May 8, 2016

Stickers on slabs from Comiclink Started by Brady Smith, November 7, 2015

Comiclink's stickers on their slabs Started by Brady Smith, October 6, 2014

Comiclink - lose the stickers PLEASE! (You Too METROPOLIS!) Started by Boba, September 29, 2014

Slab Stickers (post your tape and sticker horror stories) Started by Comicdey, August 17, 2014

Don't use Goo Be Gone to remove a sticker from a CGC holder posted by Goofy Pine Started by CSJournals-migration, May 23, 2013

Stickers on Slabs Started by Boba Fett-migration, April 17, 2013

Comiclink and Comicconnect sticker removal Started by MutantKeys, August 17, 2012

Auctions and the Stickers posted by Silverage Collector Started by CSJournals-migration, August 7, 2012

CLink Stickers on CGC cases Started by Fallsview, October 15, 2011

Open Letter to Comiclink Started by mndb369, June 17, 2011

Comiclink Labels on the back removing the sticky residue Started by davidking623, June 17, 2010

ComicLink sticker attached to CGC case! Why? Started by Bio-Rupp, February 27, 2010

Comic Link stickers Started by thirdgreenham, November 7, 2009

Unwanted Advertising on my CGC books Started by takeyourlemons, July 17, 2004

Comiclink question? Started by comicmankev, June 8, 2004

You can boil an egg in the time it takes that avatar to change Ditch :taptaptap:

From dont you goo be gone thread:

liquified

I am so angry right now. I just bought Mad issue #159 in grade 9.6 which is the highest grade by 2.6 and guess what? a price sticker was stuck to the CGC holder, so being the compulsive person I am, I pulled out the "Goo Be Gone" which for those who don't know,is a liquid that removes stickers...

well let me put it this way... I destroyed the holder, I started by putting some goo be gone on a paper towel and rubbing off the sticker residue, then the CGC holder started to liquefy, by the end I was squirting streams of this on the holder. Needless to say, the holder is destroyed, so I boxed it up and await Monday to send it to CGC for a reholder.

Live and Learn...

10 minutes ago, AuthorJMR said:

So... you’re saying I should leave it alone?

The post also said Bestine works great.

My personal advice is try bestine, but use tiny drop on edge of bottom slab to see how it reacts before going whole hog.

5 hours ago, kav said:

From dont you goo be gone thread:

liquified

I am so angry right now. I just bought Mad issue #159 in grade 9.6 which is the highest grade by 2.6 and guess what? a price sticker was stuck to the CGC holder, so being the compulsive person I am, I pulled out the "Goo Be Gone" which for those who don't know,is a liquid that removes stickers...

well let me put it this way... I destroyed the holder, I started by putting some goo be gone on a paper towel and rubbing off the sticker residue, then the CGC holder started to liquefy, by the end I was squirting streams of this on the holder. Needless to say, the holder is destroyed, so I boxed it up and await Monday to send it to CGC for a reholder.

Live and Learn...

I have used un-du to remove ComicLink labels from slabs without any issue.  Goo Gone and un-du have the same main ingredient - Naptha (lighter fluid). Sometimes referred to as Petroleum Distalates - Hydrotreated light.  Sometimes I just use lighter fluid as it's cheaper (like for wick lighters - Zippo). But un-du has the handy little plastic scraper thing attached to the bottle just for removing labels. 

ALL should be safe to use on plastic so I'm not sure what happened to you and your slab. 

2 minutes ago, Tony S said:

I have used un-du to remove ComicLink labels from slabs without any issue.  Goo Gone and un-du have the same main ingredient - Naptha (lighter fluid). Sometimes referred to as Petroleum Distalates - Hydrotreated light.  Sometimes I just use lighter fluid as it's cheaper (like for wick lighters - Zippo). But un-du has the handy little plastic scraper thing attached to the bottle just for removing labels. 

ALL should be safe to use on plastic so I'm not sure what happened to you and your slab. 

I was quoting another boardie's experience-not sure how valid his claim is.

1 hour ago, AuthorJMR said:

So... you’re saying I should leave it alone?

My solution is to crack the dam book out of that there putrid slab.

Just now, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Have you done this before? 

no and you are right to scold me-i was just going based on what other boardies said worked for them.