• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edit... more pix. Test your skill on my Conan 24
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Edit:  Just got it in the mail.   What looked like a small stress line in the lower right corner appears to be part of the actual comics design. The only real problem I find with it is a disturbance around the top stable on the cover and a very small puncture/indentation near the lower staple that does not go through the book and is visible only when you hold the book to reflect the gloss .. I'm seeking advice as to whether I should get this book pressed first. I feel if these two errors weren't there the book could do better than 9.0. Do I press or would it do more harm than good?

---------------

Hey guys, I just bought this.  I figured since I want a decent slabbed one and I'm sending my Batman 251 to CGC soon, I'd pull the trigger on this and try my luck.  I'll let you know what it grades.  Sellers Photos.  How'd i do?  I figure as long as it grades better than an 8.0 I come out ahead.  But how far ahead?

conan24front.jpg

conan24back.jpg

IMG_7446.JPG

IMG_7447.JPG

IMG_7449.JPG

IMG_7450.JPG

IMG_7451.JPG

Edited by Westy Steve
More info

I agree with everyone.  I'm guessing an 8.5, I think it could get a 9.0. it's a nice looking book.  The corner looks rough in that close up pic. I haven't pressed anything but In theory pressing could take out the spine ticks and maybe the dent/puncture thing if the paper isnt punctured.

I really appreciate the replies.  I think the front right bottom corner is confusing people.  I gave a closeup earlier to show there is no significant stress there.  The design on this cover has some diagonal lines that makes it look like stress. 

Here's a closeup of the bottom right corner on CGC 9.6 book for example:  (I hope the CGC folk aren't tricked by it)

96 closeup.jpg

Edited by Westy Steve

@Westy Steve

It has soft pages if that makes sense, I would stick it at 8.5 as well...

If you do plan to press, I'd be curious as to how that affects the grade....

I have several books that look like this but have not been graded: marvel premiere #16, secret wars #8, And Conan #23 with maybe a few others...

wish you all the best :foryou:

I'd be curious to know how it turns out!