• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Color Touch or Manufacturing Defect? Late 60's Marvel

3 posts in this topic

If anyone is familiar with late 1960's Marvel production, hopefully you can help me out.

Captain America #117, I'm wondering about the top right coloring around the IN in Captain.  It is more orangish vs. redish.  

I've looked at a ton of copies and manufacturing inks definitely vary and bleed, particularly the yellow on this cover.

There is no color bleed through on interior portion of front cover. To the feel, there is no texture difference when lightly running a finger over the IN. There is some finger prints/rubbing starting on the top of Cap's head.  Not sure if this is part of the discoloration, a manufacturing flaw or color touch.

Any input would be really appreciated.  

edit .jpg

edit super zoom.jpg

SKMBT_C65418111813380_0001.jpg

9 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Looks like a manufacturing glitch to me. Quite common. Similar examples in this thread :

I like it :)

Thanks, I was leaning that way but the cover inks on some of these marvels can vary, particularly when it comes to the ink they used that shines even on worn out covers.