• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decoupage! And Other Things Made With Comics
1 1

72 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:
11 hours ago, Leescomics said:

IMG_4101.jpg

My lord, this is so cool.

Get in line TwoPiece. The next ones moine! :mad:

Just now, TwoPiece said:
3 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Get in line TwoPiece. The next ones moine! :mad:

Listen, I find that a bat to the kneecaps is a great motivator.

Don't make me motivate you...

OK, it's yours.

Never liked it anyway.

I'm very glad that some of you like the box I made. I wanted to make comic book boxes that would be very sturdy and last a lifetime, but would also to be beautiful to look at, and unique. This was my first effort, and I'm pleased with the results. Here is a look from a couple other angles. 

1422036674_bouncingboy.thumb.jpg.e1ef1ac16ba50b7b740ccf1a6365f2ad.jpg1288666688_holyhobbykits.thumb.jpg.52e5544df18e3b53387fe2cd00765bca.jpg

IMG_4101.jpg

6 hours ago, Leescomics said:

I'm very glad that some of you like the box I made. I wanted to make comic book boxes that would be very sturdy and last a lifetime, but would also to be beautiful to look at, and unique. This was my first effort, and I'm pleased with the results. Here is a look from a couple other angles. 

1422036674_bouncingboy.thumb.jpg.e1ef1ac16ba50b7b740ccf1a6365f2ad.jpg1288666688_holyhobbykits.thumb.jpg.52e5544df18e3b53387fe2cd00765bca.jpg

IMG_4101.jpg

Coolest box, outside of the Marvel Slipcases, that I've ever seen.

You should consider making some for sale... I don't have any cool boxes for my slabs or my raw books.

On 12/4/2018 at 12:05 AM, Leescomics said:

My comic book box. 

IMG_4101.jpg

I quite like this.

so just so I understand the process:

You lay cut pieces from a comic(s) on the box and the use the glue called decoupage and brush over it. Is that it? I have been watching some youtube videos on it ... not the best tutorial videos ever.

Some videos say to paint the cardboard first with white acrylic.