• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you change your forum name can someone else take it?

23 posts in this topic

Here's what I know. I changed my name from "ElijahSnow" to "comicbooksgo" for a while because I started my own site to sell books on (that never went beyond the planning stages, but I digress). When I abandoned the site I went to change it back to "Elijahsnow" , but it was unavailable. I thought that maybe during the time I was "comicbooksgo" someone else had grabbed the "Elijahsnow" name for themselves. I then went with "RealElijahsnow" as kind of a jab at whoever I thought had stolen my name (It reminded me of the whole "Ghostbusters/REAL Ghostbusters thing from the cartoons, and it made me laugh) 

Someone I was talking to at some point around that time told me that the user names we have used are off the table unless you contact a mod about it. I actually kind of like the "real" part of my name, so I left it. I have no idea if that answers your question. I just woke up because I was going through books until 4:30 this am. 

20 minutes ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

Here's what I know. I changed my name from "ElijahSnow" to "comicbooksgo" for a while because I started my own site to sell books on (that never went beyond the planning stages, but I digress). When I abandoned the site I went to change it back to "Elijahsnow" , but it was unavailable. I thought that maybe during the time I was "comicbooksgo" someone else had grabbed the "Elijahsnow" name for themselves. I then went with "RealElijahsnow" as kind of a jab at whoever I thought had stolen my name (It reminded me of the whole "Ghostbusters/REAL Ghostbusters thing from the cartoons, and it made me laugh) 

Someone I was talking to at some point around that time told me that the user names we have used are off the table unless you contact a mod about it. I actually kind of like the "real" part of my name, so I left it. I have no idea if that answers your question. I just woke up because I was going through books until 4:30 this am. 

yep that answers it

TheRealKav

53 minutes ago, kav said:

yep that answers it

TheRealKav

I know that if you want the real answer, you should contact Jeffro, Jerkfro, Jackwagonfro, JackandJillfro, etc., as he seems to move back and forth through the usernames all the time.