• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Printing error and newsstand issue?

4 posts in this topic

Hi, Im a newbie with probably 2 newbie ?'s. This is my first post,. I thought I'd try the forum for help! This is a two part ?

1. I have two copies of astonishing x-men #3 mattina "virgin" edition, One is origonal purple and the other is a printing error this suposeably happend to 42 copies where the cover is blue. I was just wondering if I contact cgc with the issue will they not only recognize the error but re-lable/reslab my copy for with a label recognizing the error if I note it on the invoice?

2. I noticed some cgc graded books don't indicate that they're newstand editions and some do. How does cgc recognize this and if I indicate it as such on the invoice will they label it on the slab as a newstand edition or however they please?

Any info would be deeply appreciated Thanks again.

#comicbookkarma

20181119_203412.jpg

On 11/20/2018 at 7:43 AM, Bomber-Bob said:

Regarding #1, I don't see how we can answer your question, you should contact CGC directly. 

Regarding #2, I wonder if they only note Newstand on certain keys, as it seems that is all I ever see them on ? 

@Sonny_Boy13

I’ve only seen the newsstand note on modern price variants.  

@Bomber-Bob

Are there any others that you’ve noticed?