• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Discounts! Closing Soon! Sharing an Estate Collection/Year-End Clean-up; Recap on Page 6
4 4

128 posts in this topic

Just now, Readcomix said:

^^ Jack T. Chick lot! Thx Rick! 

I've yet to read these (these are doubles; the collection had more than a full set) but I have heard they are out there. Have you read any yet?

I had most of them when I was a kid so buying them for nostalgia. I had all those little Chick tracts too.  

Just now, Ricksneatstuff said:
1 minute ago, Readcomix said:

^^ Jack T. Chick lot! Thx Rick! 

I've yet to read these (these are doubles; the collection had more than a full set) but I have heard they are out there. Have you read any yet?

I had most of them when I was a kid so buying them for nostalgia. I had all those little Chick tracts too.  

I remember them fondly as well ..... some of them were rather gritty. There's a few in that batch I haven't read yet... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1 minute ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Must have been wild stuff for a kid's mind, based on reputation. Looking forward to sitting down with them over the winter and checking out the fuss.

Ok, this one is kind of cool and needs to go to an appropriate home. As you can see below, the original owner of this estate collection of mostly Classics that I have been sharing on these boards was apparently a pharmacist. I assume this was one of his babies as its a personalized autograph from Classics artist Dan Kushner.

The book itself: Classic Comics #16 HRN 28 (4th edition) Gulliver's Travels in apparent VG/FN but staples are pulled at front cover, hanging in at rear. Presents nicely. $20

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Here's a quick summary recap; as a reminder, anything unsold on pages 1&2 is $5 off the listed price. The rest is as marked, but I am open to PM's on everything in this thread.

Page 1:

Thunder Agents 1&4, Weird Chillers 5, Out of this World 3, Boris Karloff Thriller 1, House of Mystery 84, Royal Mounted 14, Richie Rich 7, Archie 76

Page 2: Cosmo the Merry Martian 4, Jughead 8, Jerry Lewis 76, Classic Comics 8 2nd ed. Arabian Nights, Superman 35 Scandinavian, James Bond 6 Finland?, Classics 153 English Ed., lot of 5 Nordic editions of Classics Illustrated Special Issues

Page 3: Tarzan 9 Finalnd, Fantomet 196, Indrajal Comics 343&344, Miki Hiir 12 (Estonian Mickey Mouse), Laurel and Hardy Scandinavian lot, Buffalo Bill 14 Finland?, Marvel Classics lot Finnish editions; Classics Illuatrated Special Issues -- Prehistoric World, Atomic age, Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Crossing the Rockies, Rough Rider, Adventures in Science, 10 Commandments, Story of America, Story of Jesus 1968 reissue

Page 4: Story of Jesus original Ed., Story of Jesus "three camels" cover, Classics Junior 501 (#1) original, Best of Boys Life Comics #1-3, silver age King Comics Mandrake lot, lot of 4 high grade late Whitmans

Page 5: LB Cole Classics Jr lot, Classics Illustrated 30,60,90 (LB Cole covers); Canadian edition Classics Illustrated -- 60,65,27,29,34,71; CI 71 3rd and final Ed., CI 23 HRN 30, CI 30 HRN 70, CI Twin Circle editions lot

Page 6: CI 74 only edition; Classics Comics 16 4th Ed. Gulliver's Travels autographed by Dan Kushner, CI 39 HRN 71, CI 169 HRN 169 (last issue), CI 37 original (Rudy Palais cover), CI 56 HRN 165 octopus cover, Classic Comics #1 HRN 15 (3rd edition)

Again, open to PMs! A few more stragglers coming in a bit, too. Thanks all!