• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Print error, newsstand editions!
2 2

12 posts in this topic

Hi, Im a newbie with probably 2 newbie ?'s. This is my first post,. I thought I'd try the forum for help! This is a two part ?

1. I have two copies of astonishing x-men #3 mattina "virgin" edition, One is origonal purple and the other is a printing error this suposeably happend to 42 copies where the cover is blue. I was just wondering if I contact cgc with the issue will they not only recognize the error but re-lable/reslab my copy for with a label recognizing the error if I note it on the invoice?

2. I noticed some cgc graded books don't indicate that they're newstand editions and some do. How does cgc recognize this and if I indicate it as such on the invoice will they label it on the slab as a newstand edition or however they please?

Any info would be deeply appreciated Thanks again.

#comicbookkarma

20181119_203412.jpg

Screenshot_20181128-002011.thumb.png.e15e4520ddcbcf772a664745b7cf1e8c.pngNo it's not. Sorry for delay in reply. It's hard for me to find my posts as I don't know how to receive notifications. Yes I turned it on. Lol. Anyways no the reason I asked is because I have a copy of marvel what if #105. And it's a direct edition, but if u look at pictures you will see pics of my copy compared with a newsstand edition and it's not recognized by cgc on the label as such! I wanted to know if I buy it will cgc relabel it for me as a newstand edition or not, and why?

Screenshot_20181128-002122.png

Screenshot_20181128-002103.png

Screenshot_20181128-002034.png

13 hours ago, Cozmo-One said:

I believe that CGC does not differentiate between newsstand and direct editions on their label, except for some rare instances (if a different paper was used, etc).  If the only difference would be the barcode, I wouldn't expect it to show on the label...

I don't think thats true. I think CGC strives to recognize newsstand vs direct

Edited by dfx1

13 hours ago, dfx1 said:
On 11/28/2018 at 2:26 PM, Cozmo-One said:

I believe that CGC does not differentiate between newsstand and direct editions on their label, except for some rare instances (if a different paper was used, etc).  If the only difference would be the barcode, I wouldn't expect it to show on the label...

I don't think thats true. I think CGC strives to recognize newsstand vs direct

They might differentiate if there is a difference between the newsstand and direct, but not all differences. 

Such as difference in price has more of a shot than if one came with a pinup or insert and the other didn't. 

Some notes on the label are not always above the barcode on the label, some differences CGC is satisfied with putting the notation in the bottom right corner of the label. Ie where they would list a first appearance. 

Seems most are only hunting the ones that are notated just above the barcode, I don't know if ANY of this helps.... but there seems to be more notations on the label of differences than people are actually looking for, and it is definitely only when there is an actual difference between newsstand and direct (other than a logo 'Spider-Man head or writing' or barcode...)