• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

US Customs
1 1

12 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Hello i shipped a book to the States a while ago and the tracking info shows me that the package is being processed by the US customs. The status hasnt changed since november 13. Is that normal? 

USPS status updates are ridiculously bad. I've had stuff take months to arrive here, and also months to arrive overseas when shipping internationally via USPS. that's why i no longer use them to ship internationally. I would expect your package to eventually arrive, but don't count on the website to give you up to date info. 

Given the Rotherham child sexual exploitation that occurred in merry old England from the late 1980s until the 2010s and the failure of local authorities to act on reports of the abuse throughout most of that period, looks like you could have used some paranoid directives yourselves.  As far as insane, a list of more than 2,500 alleged ‘hate incidents’ logged by the Metropolitan Police in 2015 and 2016 include:   'An unknown dog has fouled outside of victim address and victim perceived this to be a racial incident.'  Another canine-related case logged as an alleged hate crime says: 'Suspect's dog barking at victim.'

Churchill, spinning in his grave like a top.

2 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Given the Rotherham child sexual exploitation that occurred in merry old England from the late 1980s until the 2010s and the failure of local authorities to act on reports of the abuse throughout most of that period, looks like you could have used some paranoid directives yourselves.  As far as insane, a list of more than 2,500 alleged ‘hate incidents’ logged by the Metropolitan Police in 2015 and 2016 include:   'An unknown dog has fouled outside of victim address and victim perceived this to be a racial incident.'  Another canine-related case logged as an alleged hate crime says: 'Suspect's dog barking at victim.'

Churchill, spinning in his grave like a top.

:screwy:

Are you on crack? What's this got to do with anything related to the OP's post? 

1 hour ago, Grantley Goddard said:

:screwy:

Are you on crack? What's this got to do with anything related to the OP's post? 

response to your non related opinions on Trump

keep em to yourself, or not and get a reply to your stupid musings

3 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

response to your non related opinions on Trump

keep em to yourself, or not and get a reply to your stupid musings

What response?  Never heard of her. At least my musings are not alcohol/drug induced. (thumbsu

13 hours ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Hello i shipped a book to the States a while ago and the tracking info shows me that the package is being processed by the US customs. The status hasnt changed since november 13. Is that normal? 

Also check tracking on both USPS and CanadaPost.

It is possible that it's been pulled for inspection. It's also possible that this time of year is extremely busy due to Thanksgiving and Christmas and the mail normally starts to slow down anyway.

I wouldn't worry just yet. I've had books sit in customs for weeks and still  show up fine.