• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I went to a comic book store today and saw...
4 4

211 posts in this topic

I knew a magic shop once that was all dusty with old faded stuff-it turned out it was a mob front-they ddnt want to sell anything.

On 11/22/2018 at 7:06 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Here's one of their "floating wall of books" and their lighting situation.

IMG_20181121_151518895.thumb.jpg.7cb43d0f43b05f2acf9954f2b28b2801.jpg

Gotta keep the comics up high. Out of reach and sight of comic buyers. There are valuable empty tables for gamers on the ground.

On 11/22/2018 at 7:37 PM, kav said:

anyone have data on how long it takes flourescents to do that?

Florescent, incandescent and sunlight - basically any light - is cumulative and can never be reversed.  So every time you bring a book out to show someone, that exposure begins to fade the colors.  Keep 'em in a cool, dark, dry environment!

5 minutes ago, Moondog said:

Florescent, incandescent and sunlight - basically any light - is cumulative and can never be reversed.  So every time you bring a book out to show someone, that exposure begins to fade the colors.  Keep 'em in a cool, dark, dry environment!

incandescent and LED bulbs dont emit enough UV to do much but flourescents and sun have lots of UV, which breaks the double bonds which create color.

Edited by kav

On 11/22/2018 at 8:42 PM, NoMan said:

Does he/she know it’s happening? I know it’s kinda s dumb question but the whole deal’s kinda dumb

Many have no clue it's happening. I told a LCS it was happening and they didn't realize it.

2 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Many have no clue it's happening. I told a LCS it was happening and they didn't realize it.

you've got to be *spoon*ing me!