• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I went to a comic book store today and saw...
4 4

211 posts in this topic

These are all "wall books" in my collection. The comic store I got them from (except DD 10) prices Overstreet -50% so the Doc Strange was 10 bucks. 22 bucks for the 101 and I got the Teen Titans for under 60 but I traded in some graphic novels so I don't know exactly how much it was. Anything good is up on their walls for only a few days or even hours. Got a NYX3 VF+ for 16 bucks too. 

IMG_0175.JPG

12 hours ago, Alf Pogs said:

These are all "wall books" in my collection. The comic store I got them from (except DD 10) prices Overstreet -50% so the Doc Strange was 10 bucks. 22 bucks for the 101 and I got the Teen Titans for under 60 but I traded in some graphic novels so I don't know exactly how much it was. Anything good is up on their walls for only a few days or even hours. Got a NYX3 VF+ for 16 bucks too. 

IMG_0175.JPG

that is DD 8, not 10

Those prices are just out of this world.:foryou:

What commands more premium nowadays? Fading or Water logging?

I've seen dealers with both, and some even demand premiums (rarity has its perks).:facepalm:

In fact, I once saw a Mystic #1 (GA Marvel) that I really, really wanted priced at around half overstreet VG or F or so.

Problem was almost half the bottom was literally charred and burned off.  Just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.

Edited by bronze_rules

Syracuse, near the big mall.  I went to that store a few years ago, and left the shop swearing under my breath.  Had I received any service, I would've used that opening to swear much more loudly, but they were just chatting it up amongst themselves.  I think the pre-faded issues were priced at exactly twice Overstreet... $12 bronze ASM?  $24 sticker.  Lots of stock, tons of space, but terrible prices.  No surprise that the books hung on the wall unsold until they were ruined.

A boardie runs Collectibles Galore, a little north of there, which is a much better shop, and there's a fantastic fish restaurant on the way, the Clam Bar.  Both are worth a visit if you're in the area.

1 minute ago, FineCollector said:

Syracuse, near the big mall.  I went to that store a few years ago, and left the shop swearing under my breath.  Had I received any service, I would've used that opening to swear much more loudly, but they were just chatting it up amongst themselves.  I think the pre-faded issues were priced at exactly twice Overstreet... $12 bronze ASM?  $24 sticker.  Lots of stock, tons of space, but terrible prices.  No surprise that the books hung on the wall unsold until they were ruined.

A boardie runs Collectibles Galore, a little north of there, which is a much better shop, and there's a fantastic fish restaurant on the way, the Clam Bar.  Both are worth a visit if you're in the area.

I've heard of jumping over a dollar to pick up a penny but he jumped over a dollar to pick up a nothing.

37 minutes ago, kav said:

A boardie runs Collectibles Galore, a little north of there, which is a much better shop,

The best shop in Syracuse, NY.   Tried to visit Collectibles Galore on the same day as I stopped into the "faded" shop, but it was closed.