• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st Smurfs 1958 (yes 1958) Spirou 1071/1072 Club
1 1

303 posts in this topic

On 3/11/2019 at 1:00 PM, gnoe said:

Today I found a Spirou 1071 & 1072 in the mail, Belgian version. They both look great, maybe better than the ones I've already sent to CGC.

Got so excited I already submitted and packed them for grading. I've added Spirou 720, I'm curious if they'll label it as Marsupilami's first appearance.

Adding a request this time.

So do you have another copy of 1071 that might eclipse your 9.0 that was graded 

To any of the board members out there.  When I think of cartoons and comics, I think of scooby doo 1 from 1971 and spirou 1071.  Got tmnt 1 but that’s a different crowd I believe. Any other books that come to mind?

51 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

So do you have another copy of 1071 that might eclipse your 9.0 that was graded 

Hard to tell, it's been a long time.
My first submission was already at CGC so I didn't have the chance to compare them.
I had the feeling my second submission was slightly better, so a 9,0 might be as high as it get's for me.
My Spirou 1071/1072 and Robbedoes 1071/1072 are still at 'received' status.

56 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

To any of the board members out there.  When I think of cartoons and comics, I think of scooby doo 1 from 1971 and spirou 1071.  Got tmnt 1 but that’s a different crowd I believe. Any other books that come to mind?

A few months ago I almost bought a tmnt 1 (2nd print). 
The auction ended 04:00AM in my timezone, so I had to place an automatic bid. Winner paid 10 dollar extra.
Same crowd :)

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:19 AM, gnoe said:

Hard to tell, it's been a long time.
My first submission was already at CGC so I didn't have the chance to compare them.
I had the feeling my second submission was slightly better, so a 9,0 might be as high as it get's for me.
My Spirou 1071/1072 and Robbedoes 1071/1072 are still at 'received' status.

Congrats, 9.0 would be the 3rd highest graded, only 1 other 9.0 on the census

On 5/31/2019 at 11:01 AM, Frederic9494 said:

No Smurfs but picked up a nice pair of Spirou from 1952 : 1st appearance & 1st full appearance of Marsupilami.

Spirou 720 & 721.jpg

Nice! I just bought a 721 dirt cheap on ebay, but no 720 available at the moment...patience.. :whistle:

Still cool to get the first full appearance. I loved the character in the '90s. I was in Switzerland recently and Marsupilami was front and center in comic shops' windows. Smurf PVCs were also really prevalent in the shop.

Edited by spracknetch23

10 minutes ago, gnoe said:

Got mail today!

1969314906_Schermafbeelding2019-06-17om17_00_33.thumb.png.e6901fcfacf7e21edfde82568611a72c.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4b

My spidey sense started tingling as I opened the box.
Something seems off hm

Looks good to me (worship)

Uhhhhh

cgc quality control out of whack.  I had the same problem with my cap 1 pages 

only reasonable if they pay your postage and free postage back.  Should be walk through speed with re enclapsalation

Edited by Spiderturtle

9 hours ago, spracknetch23 said:

Nice! I just bought a 721 dirt cheap on ebay, but no 720 available at the moment...patience.. :whistle:

Still cool to get the first full appearance. I loved the character in the '90s. I was in Switzerland recently and Marsupilami was front and center in comic shops' windows. Smurf PVCs were also really prevalent in the shop.

This got me thinking.

720 is First Marsupilami appearance
721 is First full Marsupilami appearance
1071 is First full Smurfs appearance
Which number is the first Smurf appearance?

Spirou 1062 has the voice only of the Smurfs talking in the bushes...you don't see them (1 panel only)

1071 is the real first and full appearance. 

No "Hulk 180/181" here like Spirou 720/721 with Marsupilami

1 hour ago, Spiderturtle said:

Looks good to me (worship)

Uhhhhh

cgc quality control out of whack.  I had the same problem with my cap 1 pages 

only reasonable if they pay your postage and free postage back.  Should be walk through speed with re enclapsalation

Crazy... Should be a free same day re-encapsulation.

That being said, beautiful books! :applause: