• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st Smurfs 1958 (yes 1958) Spirou 1071/1072 Club
1 1

303 posts in this topic

On 6/28/2019 at 2:45 PM, Frederic9494 said:

Gnoe, your quote is from CGC? Can't they just look at examples of the 3 different variants French variant (Spirou), Belgium variant in French language (Spirou), Belgium variant in Flemish (Robbedoes)?

It's going to skew the whole stats for the Spirou Belgian variant if you pool in the Robbedoes... :eyeroll:

+1 we need to email Cgc customer service to point this out

7 minutes ago, marmat said:

Got the grades of my copies

Franco-Belgian Spirou 1071 October 23, 1958 Editions Dupuis French Edition
Universal
9.2 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

Franco-Belgian Spirou 1072 October 30, 1958 Editions Dupuis French Edition
Universal
8.5 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

nice!  Wondering if another 9.6 1071 will pop up?

20 minutes ago, Frederic9494 said:

Catch of the day: Spirou 1071 & 1072 Belgian Edition

Not too pleased with the chocolate milk spill on the back of the 1071, but the 1072 looks nice...

s-l1600-43.jpg

s-l1600-44.jpg

nice, you've been on a good streak

I was happy to pick up this weekend pairs of Spirou 1460 & 1468 (first black- & blonde-haired Smurfette) from 1966 with the mini-story included in all. 

What I didn't know was that although the front cover has the usual France/Belgium/Switzerland pricing, there is some difference between the French and Belgium edition, mainly the add on the inner back cover. 

In one case there is a nice Corn Flakes add featuring the Black Smurf.

IMG_1795.JPG

IMG_1791.JPG

IMG_1794.JPG

IMG_1792.JPG

Edited by Frederic9494

1 hour ago, Frederic9494 said:

I was happy to pick up this weekend pairs of Spirou 1460 & 1468 (first black- & blonde-haired Smurfette) from 1966 with the mini-story included in all. 

What I didn't know was that although the front cover has the usual France/Belgium/Switzerland pricing on the front cover, there is some difference between the French and Belgium edition, mainly the add on the inner back cover. 

In one case there is a nice Corn Flakes add featuring the Black Smurf.

IMG_1795.JPG

IMG_1791.JPG

IMG_1794.JPG

IMG_1792.JPG

Thanks for pointing that out

8 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

I would like to know if Spirou #1071 and 1072 are listed in the latest Overstreet yet? Perhaps listed next summer once the ComicLink Spirou 1071 Cgc 9.6 Silver Age $$ ;) auction result is reported.

Not many USA comic dealers even know that these exist :)

2 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Not many USA comic dealers even know that these exist :)

SShhh, we better stop posting about these Belgian keys then. Spirou Smurf collecting will be 'legitimized' once they get reported in Overstreet :idea: July, 2020 and distributed at SDCC.

On 7/25/2019 at 9:15 AM, aardvark88 said:

I would like to know if Spirou #1071 and 1072 are listed in the latest Overstreet yet? Perhaps listed next summer once the ComicLink Spirou 1071 Cgc 9.6 Silver Age $$ ;) auction result is reported.

In the Bronze Age section.  Scooby doo 1 (gold key) is #7 in the overstreet top 25 bronze.   Hanna-Barbera did a good job of producing both.  I watched both in the 80s.  Reruns of scooby everyday after school at 3pm and the Smurf’s on Saturday morning 

On 7/25/2019 at 9:15 AM, aardvark88 said:

Does comiclink report their auction results to overstreet?

5 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

Does comiclink report their auction results to overstreet?

At the very least, cLink reports their better auction results to Overstreet over an average of 5 pages with :bigsmile: issues and $$ near the front of the annual Price Guide :o.