• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st Smurfs 1958 (yes 1958) Spirou 1071/1072 Club
1 1

303 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

At the very least, cLink reports their better auction results to Overstreet over an average of 5 pages with :bigsmile: issues and $$ near the front of the annual Price Guide :o.

I stop reading the overstreet ever since joining the boards.  A majority of the advisors are board members.  I can pm them if I had questions on market conditions and such.  But if I did follow the overstreet and saw a spirou 1071 go for more than $11 I would ask myself what the heck spirou 1071.  Probably would do a google search and it would eventually lead to this thread. 

Edited by Spiderturtle

Given the worldwide phenomenon that the Smufs are, I wouldn't be surprised at all. The scarcity factor given the numbers published and damp weather conditions in many regions of Belgium and France should also push the price up of high grade copies (VF and up) in years to come...

1 hour ago, Spiderturtle said:

Nice!  What’s the highest 1071 grade that you are expecting?

With pressing I hope that some of them will reach the 9.0 but it's hard to say because some of the white spots often seen on the spine seems more a printing defect that wear... don't know how CGC deals with this. I prefer to keep my expectations low ;)

3 hours ago, Frederic9494 said:

With pressing I hope that some of them will reach the 9.0 but it's hard to say because some of the white spots often seen on the spine seems more a printing defect that wear... don't know how CGC deals with this. I prefer to keep my expectations low ;)

It will be interesting to see how the census looks like when the population ever reaches 100.  I have 8 raw copies that have not been graded, but they are all in the 3-6.0 range.  

On 11/25/2018 at 5:24 AM, Norrin's lawyer said:

Agreed.  I loved them and still do... first through my kid sister and now my kids enjoy them.   I even had som figurines I collected of them in the early 80's.  I remember those books you had Jim.  They were beautiful.  

My old pair.

Really regret selling them, and a shame Jimbo had to let them go.

They were indeed lovely books (just saw this post - I know it's old!) :foryou:

Edited by Beige