• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Planet Run is complete! Zolnerowich would be pleased!
2 2

187 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

really enjoying your story. I wish I had kept so detailed a record of where I attained my Planets. I could probably come up with where I got a lot of them but not all.

FYI: It wasn't me that posted the nice copy of 42, my copy is only a 6.0.

Purple covers...dont forget #6. :cloud9:

Interesting, I don't usually think of #6 as purple, since my copy looks more blue than purple.

23 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

wonderful page. You outbid me to win this, I really love the bottom middle panel :cloud9:

Well, it's nice to know I was in good company! I seem to recall there were a few Planet pages of original art in the Berk auction. Did you take one of those home?

11 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

yes I bought a Planet 24 page. I got it professionally framed up last month.

20181012_185822.jpg

Ooh! That's totally awesome!! Are the cover and page originals or copies? I did something like this for a Lily Renee page from Rangers Comics, and have been procrastinating to do this for the Planet 37.

2 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Ooh! That's totally awesome!! Are the cover and page originals or copies? I did something like this for a Lily Renee page from Rangers Comics, and have been procrastinating to do this for the Planet 37.

The cover is a high quality scan I did of my copy of 24 and printed out and the interior I grabbed from the internet. Both print outs. The original page is not permanently dry mounted or glued in place so it could be removed in the future. the glass is conservation glass to protect from any light sources.

PLANET #6

Good timing with Artboy's copy on this same page!

The Larson copy by way of the Berk auction. If a comic book could look preternatural, this would be it.

Only seven Larson Planets out there, I think, #1-7. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

6.thumb.jpg.e69b09526c098eb38f82004e66662220.jpg

12 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

PLANET #10

Zolnerowich's first Planet Comics cover. I'd say he was a fast learner. Great cover.

@Sqeggs likes to remind me about the SB pages. :cry:

10.thumb.jpg.d47b9d69165dff8c466e6bfc001d7a57.jpg

Who cares about the pq with a cover like that :acclaim:

On 11/28/2018 at 11:34 PM, Zolnerowich said:

PLANET #37 INTERLUDE BONUS !!! :martini:

From the Lost World story in this issue:

IMG_3759_bright65_con100.thumb.JPG.757067909363f17d5ad1a8cb4a5697a5.JPG

Note the awesome doodles by Lily Renee at the bottom of the page! 

Artboy, you and I were all fighting over this one apparently. 

Edited by Ricksneatstuff