• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

porcupine48 ?
1 1

82 posts in this topic

On 11/24/2018 at 11:40 AM, comicquant said:

He posted on Instagram yesterday so he's good!  https://www.instagram.com/porcupine48/

Not sure if thats him???  I thought it was.

For sure not me!Seriously,as Mike said,I'm a Luddite.

297.png

10 hours ago, Senormac said:
11 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Bad news on Penny.I don't know what I'm gonna do.I just can't deal with this.

Yes you can :angel:

He's right Jim, you can. You've had more than your fair share of tragedy in recent times but you always keep going with good grace and humour. Keep plugging away, and remember and take comfort from the fact that you have many friends here on the boards :foryou:

13 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Bad news on Penny.I don't know what I'm gonna do.I just can't deal with this.

you CAN deal with this .. but don't let the vets convince you that if you spend a couple grand you might buy some time for your pet ,.. it often is never true 

Damn Jimmers... As a pet owner myself, (actually, they end up owning you), I can relate. They are much more than “pets”. When the time came, I made the long drive a couple of times. Tore me up but it was the best thing. They might not be here but they are forever in your heart. Time cures most anything. You’ve been through a lot. Just another setback. You are tough and can get through this. Hang in there and my prayers for you and Penny...

You got a lot of friends here. Stand tall and strong.

Thank you friend.

I'm not really in a great place right now.The doctor sent the news by email as he's travelling internationally lecturing for work (!).

They are pushing for chemotherapy and a mix of many other things.I've seen folks go through this with their dogs and no one seems to be happy,especially the pet.Besides that we are already struggling to stay at the surface let alone above with the cost of surgery and the bills leading to.

Things are very very dark for me right now,it's a struggle just not to spend all my time crying,what's keeping me from that is not wanting to upset Penny.

The studies I was shown show a fifty percent chance either more or less of 355 days.What a terrible number to look at and think about.

1penmab.jpg

12 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

That's terrible Jim. Really tough. Is the time based on no intervention? 

The time is based on the surgery having been performed.

Numbers for with chemo are 1100 and change,but at what quality?

Edited by porcupine48

When you know what you are going to do Jim, and what you need to do it, stop by and let us know here or by PM. You're loved by many here and I think a big group of us will be ready willing and able to help.

Oh and by the way,GIBLETS! :headbang:

3 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Hi my dear friends

I've been struggling a little lately,my mental health has been pretty fragile the last few years(more than before,anyhow) and it tends to get in a bad cycle.Stress ect seems to make me produce,retain more ammonia and that in turn makes me more confused and emotional-time often doesn't run linear for me and I often find myself lost,have a hard time separating some dreams and imagination.I don't,can't eat and well,things have been messy.

Still sober as hard as that has been,and I feel awful for avoiding online,life really,but please know I'm so very thankful for all of your friendship and kind words-you have all been a very big part of my recovery and I thank you with all my heart.

Right now we are just trying to get Penny healed up and better after her operation,and will be looking into what our further treatment options are and face those decisions soon enough.

Here we are at the vets,Penny has some non infectious fluids building up at the removal site,thankfully we were told that is quite common and normal.Hot compresses and lots of love for her.Sadly the stitches must remain for another week,so no park or playtime as I've been promising until then.

So much love,

Jimmers

edit,note her fashionable John Deere bandana and Marvel collar!Just so there's a little comic stuff in the post,thread 💜💜💜💜

!penny4.jpg

Keep up the good fight, mate.

On 12/8/2018 at 10:36 PM, porcupine48 said:

Hi my dear friends

I've been struggling a little lately,my mental health has been pretty fragile the last few years(more than before,anyhow) and it tends to get in a bad cycle.Stress ect seems to make me produce,retain more ammonia and that in turn makes me more confused and emotional-time often doesn't run linear for me and I often find myself lost,have a hard time separating some dreams and imagination.I don't,can't eat and well,things have been messy.

Still sober as hard as that has been,and I feel awful for avoiding online,life really,but please know I'm so very thankful for all of your friendship and kind words-you have all been a very big part of my recovery and I thank you with all my heart.

Right now we are just trying to get Penny healed up and better after her operation,and will be looking into what our further treatment options are and face those decisions soon enough.

Here we are at the vets,Penny has some non infectious fluids building up at the removal site,thankfully we were told that is quite common and normal.Hot compresses and lots of love for her.Sadly the stitches must remain for another week,so no park or playtime as I've been promising until then.

So much love,

Jimmers

edit,note her fashionable John Deere bandana and Marvel collar!Just so there's a little comic stuff in the post,thread 💜💜💜💜

!penny4.jpg

@porcupine48: Jimmers, if I’ll be able I’ll send you a message tomorrow.

Precisely because you absolutely love your dog: don’t be scared about the possible perspective of her death. :foryou:

Edited by vaillant