• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie grading question!

5 posts in this topic

Hello! I have a flash #123, flash of two worlds comic from my great cousin who died in Vietnam, and the comic was passed onto me. I am a HUGE flash fan and this is a prized possession of mine but I am nervous to send it to be graded for fear of losing. Is it possible to send just ONE book to be graded? Thank you.

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:07 PM, Kidflash said:

Hello! I have a flash #123, flash of two worlds comic from my great cousin who died in Vietnam, and the comic was passed onto me. I am a HUGE flash fan and this is a prized possession of mine but I am nervous to send it to be graded for fear of losing. Is it possible to send just ONE book to be graded? Thank you.

If you have access and money, you can also go to a convention that CGC is attending, and submit the book in person to a member of CGC staff.  They will walk you through all the paperwork/costs/shipping stuff and handle the book with care. 

If you have even more money and/or live in Florida of London (or can get there), you can submit the book in person at the CGC facilities and pick it up there (probably need to contact them to make an appt)

There are some conventions where they do CGC onsite grading.  If you can find one of those (probably a major con, though not all major cons have it), you can go there to submit and get it graded and get it back all at the same show.

Of course all of these are somewhat dependent on your money, time, and geography.  But they are options.

In the alternative, if you're mailing it to CGC, discuss your options with the post office or fed ex or UPS about the best ways to insure and track your package that you send.  Or consider getting a bonded courier if you can afford it.

Good luck