• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

show us your Mile Highs (Edgar Church copies)
7 7

641 posts in this topic

Just curious, what's the buy in on a Church copy.  I am not a Golden Age collector, but always thought it would be fun to own a copy.  Do you pay a premium for a Church CGC label (ie.  if you have two CGC'd books of the same grade, one is a Church copy, does it cost more due to the lore)?

5 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

Just curious, what's the buy in on a Church copy.  I am not a Golden Age collector, but always thought it would be fun to own a copy.  Do you pay a premium for a Church CGC label (ie.  if you have two CGC'd books of the same grade, one is a Church copy, does it cost more due to the lore)?

Depends on the book...from what I’ve observed recently high grade and otherwise desirable book, Church copy = double the cost.  

Low to mid grade and otherwise undesirable book Church copy can be 3 to 4 times the cost because there’s a basement value of $300-400 it seems.

2 hours ago, szav said:

Depends on the book...from what I’ve observed recently high grade and otherwise desirable book, Church copy = double the cost.  

Low to mid grade and otherwise undesirable book Church copy can be 3 to 4 times the cost because there’s a basement value of $300-400 it seems.

Good to know, thanks. 

4 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

from what I hear it can be 3x to 5x

5 hours ago, SushiX said:

from what I hear it can be 3x to 5x

My impression is that the 3X - 5X ratio applies (generally) to the Overstreet price.  I agree with svaz's view with regard to the value of Church copies as compared to the value of non-ped copies with similar grades:

10 hours ago, szav said:

Edited by RareHighGrade