• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

show us your Mile Highs (Edgar Church copies)
7 7

641 posts in this topic

On 9/10/2019 at 10:35 AM, entalmighty1 said:

@telerites you're right Jeff.  That's some really interesting grip work too.  He can't decide if he's in a gunfight or at a tea party. :banana: 

Gunsmoke #1 ... Isn't that a Graham Ingels cover? Why isn't he credited on the label?

Edited by Sarg
specified title

4 minutes ago, Lukesaurus said:

How much does being a Mile High copy add to the value of a book ? 

Low to midgrade generally undesirable books that would otherwise be worth about $100 it usually multiplies about 3-4 times, there's seemingly a basement price just to get a mile high copy.  Mid to high grade desirable books it seems to about double the value relative to what a non-ped book in equal grade would get.

On 11/10/2019 at 12:41 PM, MrBedrock said:

crimesbywomen1.jpg

I saw that in one of Chuckie’s boxes at Casual Con. The first show he brought the Church collection to. I thought about it for a while, but I was stacking up PCH, Avon’s and Seduction of the Innocent books and had spent all the money I had as well as a loan so I put it back. I think it was priced around $6. :tonofbricks:

On 11/18/2019 at 9:08 AM, Timely said:

Here's a RARE comic you almost never see.  Next best copy is a 7.5 & only 11 on the census!

catman25.jpg

Funny story, there is some guy who is on the boards from time to time that hoards this book.  This guy has got some series OCD issues.  :baiting:

it is also interesting to look at the CGC census for some of these Mile Highs.  Sometimes the Mile High will blow everything else away in terms of condition.   In the case of my Action Comics 71 (a CGC 9.6), the next closest one is an 8.0 on the CGC census out of 25 copies graded.  

Edited by Cpt Kirk

I used to own the Mile High copies of Action Comics #25, 28, 30, 34-36, 38, 41, 48, 50, 57, 59, 61, 63-66, 68-71, 74, 76-78, 81, 87, 96-99 & 102. Generally speaking over the years most are still the Highest Graded Copies!

Edited by Timely
Forgot 1

19 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I hate to hear the words “used to”... what an incredible bunch! Tell me you hung on to a couple just because. Or that you now own an island, have a killer car or saved some one’s life with all that dough...:facepalm:

Nothing that noble! I bought a car, house down payment and some Timely's.