• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

show us your Mile Highs (Edgar Church copies)
7 7

641 posts in this topic

On 12/14/2018 at 8:33 PM, Sqeggs said:

At least we know the basics of the Church story, unlike with, say, the SF/Reilly books where the contradictions in the story will probably never be resolved. There are also aspects of the Okajima story that it would be interesting to fill in.

Someone should write a book on pedigrees! (:

Could you elaborate on these two pedigrees? I am interested in learning about the various pedigrees. And yes, I have read the summaries on the Comic Book Pedigrees website.

Thanks!

Joe Ankenbauer

2 hours ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

Could you elaborate on these two pedigrees? I am interested in learning about the various pedigrees. And yes, I have read the summaries on the Comic Book Pedigrees website.

Thanks!

Joe Ankenbauer

Here is a lengthy thread on the Okajima if you haven't seen it.  There is another that I can't find for some reason that talks about the contradictions with the Reilly ped.  I'll keep looking or someone should come along and give more info.

1 hour ago, JoeRock said:

Great book! Make sure you don’t go skydiving or anything similar on Feb 3rd....

Ha! That is the other best thing about this book I like, you can’t beat that date stamp placement! (thumbsu

1 hour ago, szav said:

Just went from Zero to two...here's the first.  Maybe it has cat pee maybe it doesn't...ordered the graders notes for 5$ just to satisfy my curiosity.  Book looks absolutely amazing in hand, like a 9.6 with a tiny strip of moisture damage along the top edge.  Don't see myself getting many more Church books due to the cost, but if I was gonna overpay on one I'm happy to do it on a midgrade book..

Firehair10cgc65Church.jpg

Congrats!

..but i don't know...i think you've got eyes for another woman other than Phantom Lady :baiting:

46 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

OK, let's go "old school" Mile High courtesy of Redbeard MANY years ago. Still un-slabbed but should not be a problem for CGC to label it properly ya think?

Would the pencil letter "D" above the issue number do it if I didn't have the COA?

comwhiz128milehigh1.jpg

comwhiz128milehigh2.jpg

I think it would.  Great book.