• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

COMICLINK Fall Featured Auction
1 1

180 posts in this topic

Well, I guess its time to start a thread on the Clink Fall Featured Auction.  The OA portion of the auction ends Tuesday, December 4th.  While I don't think there's a standout piece, there are several interesting pieces at all price levels:

• Adams/Mignola Defenders 142 cover from 1985
  • Andru DC Comics Presents #5 cover featuring Superman, Aquaman and Ocean Master!
  • Andru ASM 134p1 splash. I am not a Ross Andru fan, but even I have to admit this one is sweet!
  • Aprao Brave and the Bold #140 cover featuring Batman with Wonder Woman
  • Bolland Joker Illo
  • Ernie Chan Master of Kung Fu #17 cover (begin series)
  • Copiel Thor Omnibus cover (homage to JIM #83)
  • Colan DD #26 cover
  • Cowan Jonah Hex #92 cover (last issue)
  • Frazetta Dracula Paperback cover painting
  • Hannigan ROM 16 cover

More to come...

38 minutes ago, Stan Singh said:

There are some nice pieces flying under the radar in this auction. I have my eye on one Spidey piece in particular that would look pretty swell framed! 

I don4 think its flying under anything. I might be looking at that art myself.:baiting:but it will be a 3rd guy that gets it.

On 11/25/2018 at 8:25 AM, Stan Singh said:

BTW the Romita Sr ASM 1 cover was mine. I had to consign it to help pay for a Jim Lee Hush grail :( I'd had the Romita custom framed so if any of you win it and want a frame, I'm happy to give it to you free. Just cover shipping. Connect with me over CAF. 

Romita ASM cover

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1509720

My CAF

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=90970

image001(1).jpg

When you say that it was yours, do you mean that you sold it to someone else who has now consigned it to Clink?

or, do you mean to say that you are the consignor?

Edited by jjonahjameson11
Damn auto correct!

7 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

When you say that it was yours, do you mean that you sold it to someone else who has now consigned it to Clink?

or, do you mean to say that you are the consignor?

Ya I'm the consignor. And I miss it very much. I might have made a mistake... Hopefully I can get it back one day. 

Some stuff with potentially high upside benefit due to upcoming film and/or comic exposure:

More to come...

I've heard that an upcoming film or television project can bump up the value of old comics, at least on a temporary basis, but is this true of OA? The CW shows didn't seem to do much for the art featuring their respective heroes...or did it? I don't remember a bump, but I follow those markets very loosely.

29 minutes ago, Hal Turner said:

I've heard that an upcoming film or television project can bump up the value of old comics, at least on a temporary basis, but is this true of OA? The CW shows didn't seem to do much for the art featuring their respective heroes...or did it? I don't remember a bump, but I follow those markets very loosely.

The only examples I can think of where there is a direct line is infinity gauntlet and walking dead.

I don't think tv and movies moved the needle much for other stuff.

Edited by Pete Marino

13 minutes ago, Pete Marino said:

The only examples I can think of where there is a direct line is infinity gauntlet and walking dead.

I was thinking of those 2 too.  And maybe Guardians of the Galaxy. Not sure how the OA of those were doing.

The spike only works for more obscure characters that suddenly become hot.  Batman, Superman, Spiderman are already well known to the public (relative to other comics) so I don't see a movie doing a bump.  Even Black Panther isn't an A level character but I don't think the movie did anything for OA>

Malvin

12 minutes ago, Pete Marino said:

For certain all of the movie hype has helped art prices for Avengers and the Justice League OA.  Others who are more active in collecting art from characters with TV series can chime in with their thoughts.

On 11/27/2018 at 6:02 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:
  • Jim Aparo Batman 417 page featuring KGBeast.  This issue features the 1st appearance of the KGBeast, back when tensions between Russia and the US were still pretty high, and he's appeared recently in All-Star Batman after some time away, as tensions between Russia and the US appear to be escalating.  A great East vs West foil for Batman, perhaps he will appear more frequently and play a larger role in the Batman Universe in the months and years ahead?  He has appeared on many episodes of the TV series Arrow

I did not realize the connection between the Anatoly character and the KGBeast until you mentioned it, as he resembles the comic character about as much as I resemble Gal Gadot.

Edited by delekkerste

12 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

For whatever reason Brett's work (outside of his early stuff, i.e., Kindred/Backlash) doesn't seem to be on anyone's radar.  The guy has talent and his work on the Flash was exceptional.  It will be interesting to see what that page ends up selling for at the end of the auction.