• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

COMICLINK Fall Featured Auction
1 1

180 posts in this topic

Just now, zhamlau said:

You know, the farther away i get in time from that sale, the more I regret selling it. It was just so perfect for what it was.

I am very very happy to have it, if that makes you feel any better. 

I've gotten well more than my purchase price back in conversation piece value.

1 minute ago, comix4fun said:

I am very very happy to have it, if that makes you feel any better. 

I've gotten well more than my purchase price back in conversation piece value.

It was one of those times where I did so well on the sale at first I was thrilled....then it hit me, there is always a reason an item exceeds expectations....the reason being is that it is "exceptional". I'm trying to sell those pieces less and less lol.

2 hours ago, Ironmandrd said:

I feel bad for the UK and other Euro collectors where the ComicLink auction starts at 1am/2am and continues through to about 5am/6am.  Causes them to not necessarily be very invested and/or ignore the auction and/or put in proxy bids. 

Perfect for us Asian collectors though; starts at 9AM here in Singapore.

The HA Signature auctions however... :(

The descriptions in these auctions drive me bonkers.

One piece I'd been tracking and planning to bid on was this John McCrea Demon page. I own a couple McCrea pages so I am used to his pencil and ink boards (he seems to pencil on one board, then light box himself to ink separate). Basically exactly as the photos show. I've looked at this listing probably 50 times, but just noticed: "This lot includes McCrea's original pencil art for this splash and a production stat of the inked art (the art was inked on a separate board which is not included in this lot)."

I'm not super interested in that. Glad I saw it.

It's funny how many words they spend  describing the Publisher, or Artist's other work, the Character's history ("Did you know Wolverine is Popular?!"), or in this case how "DC really needs to make an R-rated Hitman movie for the same people who loved the Deadpool films." That you have to really search for meaningful information about the piece you are potentially buying.

rantrant-Over:) 

Edited by skrilla1212
typo

4 minutes ago, skrilla1212 said:

It's funny how many words they spend  describing the Publisher, or Artist's other work, the Character's history ("Did you know Wolverine is Popular?!"), or in this case how "DC really needs to make an R-rated Hitman movie for the same people who loved the Deadpool films." That you have to really search for meaningful information about the piece you are potentially buying.

rantrant-Over:) 

Totally agree!  One or two sentences about condition, and then paragraphs of blah-blah-blah.  And I'm not sure I can ever forget the the time that ComicLink's description of one piece of art basically was a golden showers "joke".  Even if the consignor was in on it, it seemed juvenile and less-than-professional.  --Lee

30 minutes ago, NicoV said:

Daredevil being a stat and not mentioned when it sold last time, I wonder if that's the reason for the flip.... 

I hate gambling on what's beneath a stat. 

Edited by comix4fun

Just now, Peter L said:

I wish I would have seen when this went for sale.  I would have loved to have had it.  I guess I'll have to wait for the Alex Ross painted modern version.  

I'd pay to see that.....

4 minutes ago, glendgold said:

That Kirby Thor splash is already at a pretty healthy #.

So is the Chan Master of Kung Fu cover....

1 minute ago, cloud cloddie said:

Wow. That Defenders cover jumped quick. 

I was starting to doubt my gut reaction to how great that cover is. That image, that art team, those inks, the whole thing was haunting me it was so damn good. 

It nearly tripled in bid amount in the last 2 minutes, and every last penny is justified IMHO.