• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic damaged by seller? Or really a 9.8?

28 posts in this topic

On 11/29/2018 at 2:12 AM, dfx1 said:

Can you post the pictures the seller used in the auction? Im guessing they avoided that corner at all cost and only showed it from a distance.

Yes it was a zoomed out shot that was quite blurry. 

8D851EE9-5DDC-43D6-93BF-689501F1D3E5.jpeg

3 hours ago, Mchu0925 said:

Yes it was a zoomed out shot that was quite blurry. 

8D851EE9-5DDC-43D6-93BF-689501F1D3E5.jpeg

Thanks for sharing that picture. Its a really cool comic none the less.

I checked all of the sales on eBay for that book (there are a large number of them all with better scans) at 9.8 and 9.6. I could only find one that even comes close to the amount of corner(s) issues as yours. I guess thats what would bother me the most. It seems strange yours happens to have the worst corner(s) of any on eBay atm. 

Heres the worst corner I could find (Upper left) All the rest for sale seem perfect as far as I can tell.s-l1600.thumb.jpg.cf65917a136468b728c622e7c758a436.jpg

Based on everything I would say some of your corner was amplified while in that case but present at time of photo. Your sellers photo shows that lower left corner four time worse than upper left. A trained eye would request another picture of that corner. Photo taken from above comic minimizing the bottom portion and focus on label causing lower end blur. Its seller deception IMO or he just doesn't care.

Edited by dfx1

2 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Thought: you can just sell the book yourself.  BTW, shipping to Canada indeed sucks !

Yes, I could probably easily sell it in this market due to Stan lee passing. But i don’t want to be that person who passes a problem onto another unsuspecting person. Hopefully I’ll be able to find another copy without paying an arm and leg

1 hour ago, Mchu0925 said:

Yes, I could probably easily sell it in this market due to Stan lee passing. But i don’t want to be that person who passes a problem onto another unsuspecting person. Hopefully I’ll be able to find another copy without paying an arm and leg

I appreciate your integrity. :golfclap:

I've come to accept the fact that in the pursuit of perfection there are many detours...

Whatever you decide, good luck and happy holidays!   

On 11/29/2018 at 11:42 AM, Bomber-Bob said:

And on this I totally agree. BTW, I think the reason CGC softened up in the 2011/2012 timeframe was because they lost so many senior graders in a short period. Being short staffed also prompted them to cut corners. You will find Grader's notes are often missing during this timeframe. Being rushed, I think many books slipped by. It wasn't a formal, let's start softening edict, just a happening from the circumstances.

Because of C-BCS that was founded in 2012?

Edited by JollyComics