• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

some sellers dont take paypal on ebay
1 1

26 posts in this topic

Some sellers were offered the opportunity to opt into their new payment system which excludes PayPal. I suppose this is eBay's way of testing their upcoming switch to handling credit cards directly through eBay and/or their switch to Adyen in the upcoming years.  I chose not to opt in as it would limit the potential pool of buyers who use PayPal exclusively.  They have since stated that PayPal will be included in future versions of their payment system.

6 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

I have never bought anything off ebay but I am wondering why PayPal exists today?  Credit card bad for online sellers?  Just wondering...

.....when you use PayPal, the merchant you're buying from won't see your card details. This feature not only protects you from unscrupulous vendors, but it also makes it less likely that thieves will intercept your card details via an unsecured internet connection. 

First seller I've encountered this with.  No other option than to use my cc.  I wonder if the new payment option gives sellers a better fee rate with ebay.  Paypal was dinging sellers 3% + 30 cents on every transaction.  Anyone know what the advantage to not using paypal and opting into ebay's new payment system will be?  As a buyer I feel naked providing my CC directly on the website as I really do value the protections paypal offers.  As a seller I can see the appeal if it offers better seller protections and saves them money.  What have our experiences with this been so far?

image.thumb.png.31b840dcc44d0e8c79263c3273574a01.png

On 11/24/2018 at 10:26 PM, DeadOne said:

Maybe it was just that particular seller.
I'm still seeing PayPal as an option on all of my watched items.

I know eBay is dropping PayPal as their preferred method of payment since eBay has decided to go with Ayden. I think that PayPal will still be a part of eBay until 2023.

Here's an article:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/01/why-ebay-abandoned-paypal-for-a-smaller-european-competitor.html

I wonder why eBay made the future change?

2023 seems like it will be fun on eBay.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur