• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about Home Security Cameras

26 posts in this topic

It’s a slippery slope. It all started when I bought my first modern art page without dialogue. I hired a lady to stand next to each piece and sign the dialogue to me. 

But then I started buying paintings, and that’s when I met Bill and Suzie.

Edited by ESeffinga

4 hours ago, ESeffinga said:

I hired a couple that do interpretive dance about each of my pieces, so I can keep the originals locked away from the sun and my own prying eyes! It’s great. In fact, I paid them to hide the pieces so I don’t get tempted to ever expose them to the light by looking at them.

Why ever have to look at those originals when these folks can totally move and groove and and I get the peace of mind and joy of their interpretations! 

Though now now that I’m typing this, I’m wondering why I don’t just make a copy of the originals then hang those AND sell the originals? Then if the market crashes, I’m not stuck having tons of money tied up in something I can’t look at!

Win/win?

I'm not one to tell another collector how they should manage their collection, BUT, what you need to do is make a video of the interpretive dancers and then display those videos on an 11X17 monitor. One at home, one in the office. hm

:insane:

Thanks all!

I appreciate the comments and suggestions... even the dancing one :baiting:

I'm not OCD, just very, very detail oriented and knew that there are others like me (god help us). The article linked above by Will_K was informative but doesn't talk about how the security measures can actually harm the art with IR emitting sensors.

For now, I'm not putting in the camera, just the adult Bengal Tiger to patrol the Man cave, in case anyone has any ideas on trying to get my art. Oh darn, now you know to come prepared with meat to distract the tiger... I guess I am OCD.

James

You guys know museum glass and placement out of [direct] sunlight and you’re good, right? Art isn’t gonna fade to a degree you’ll notice in your lifetime unless it was done in Sharpies. If you’re really cautious you can put a frosted vinyl over your windows to further protect against UVs, but it’s unnecessary in my opinion. 

Seems there’s a lot of needless paranoia that takes away from enjoying the art. Reminds me of buying comics not to read them, but to store them in a coffin of Mylar, never to see the light of day. 

Edited by Mr. Machismo