• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom 2 - "There's Gonna Be Carnage" (10/2/20?)
3 3

728 posts in this topic

I love Woody, but he's too old for this role.

I've been wondering for a while if Sony started planning this new Spidey universe more to inspire Disney to buy Sony Pictures than to actually turn a profit, but now that it's turning a profit, it's got a life of its own.  :insane:

Man, the amount of money Marvel is having to spend to get all their properties back is mind-blowing. :ohnoez:

Long article on the various Sony Spiderverse films. It turns out Venom 2 is looking for a new director.

The Current Position Of Sony’s ‘Spider-Man’-Less Universe

We at DiscussingFilm first reported that ‘Venom 2’ was in development with Variety then stating that Kelly Marcel would return to write the screenplay with Tom Hardy, Michelle Williams and Woody Harrelson attached to star. Variety also reported that Ruben Fleischer would likely not return to direct, we can now confirm that Ruben Fleischer will not return to direct and Sony is currently searching for a new director as production is scheduled to begin in early November in Atlanta.

23 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Sony could be keeping this Venom train going for a few years ahead.

Venom_tree.thumb.PNG.e2c6e91534508eac124cb4d36876c64c.PNG

I'm not a gigantic fan of Hybrid but if there's a route Sony's going to take, it might be something like a Hybrid-esque character.  I can't stress enough I'm just guessing.

On 6/3/2019 at 6:08 PM, Bosco685 said:

Sony could be keeping this Venom train going for a few years ahead.

Venom_tree.thumb.PNG.e2c6e91534508eac124cb4d36876c64c.PNG

My memory's fuzzy but weren't Riot and Scream both killed in the first film?

35 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Whatever the blue one was died. Scream? Idk. I can't find any source that agrees on which the 4th one was.

Yeah - Riot definitely died.

I thought Michelle Lee (who I believe also died) played Scream, but apparently that was just my bias from the comics, given that Scream's the only female symbiote.

But IMDB has her listed as "Riot host" so it seems the only one off the board now is Riot, and Scream hasn't yet appeared.

Sony has historically had the rights to Spider-Man and his villains, with two separate franchises happening in the 2000's. But the studio made a deal with Marvel in 2015, allowing Spider-Man to make his way to the massive shared universe, starting with Captain America: Civil War. Sony saw success with Venom, so all eyes are if/when the two characters might crossover.

CinemaBlend's Sean O'Connell recently asked Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige during their conversation about Spider-Man: Far From Home's contents, and the exec said:

"I think probably it's up to Sony. Sony has both those characters and, has Venom in their world. I don't know what their plans are for another Venom or if they’re doing that. But it seems likely at some point."

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

Why wouldn’t Sony want to do this?

Glad to see that Feige is now publicly open to it.  Tom Hardy is signed for three films.  It is probably safe to assume the third one will feature a Spider-man crossover.  

-J.