• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom 2 - "There's Gonna Be Carnage" (10/2/20?)
3 3

728 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

This is short-sighted thinking on your part.

Yes - Sony currently holds the film rights to the Spider-Man universe characters, and my understanding is the MCU-Sony sharing is currently only in place for Peter Parker / Spider-Man.

But if Kevin Feige wanted to use Venom, or Carnage, or Morbius (etc.) in the MCU, there'd be a revenue share agreement with Sony in place by next month.

If Kevin Feige wanted, we'd have had X-Men debut as the first flick of Phase Four instead of some Black Widow flick. But he hasn't. I'd think part of the reason is Feige understands the MCU doesn't exist in a vacuum, that what's going on in other studios, now or recently, matter. The X-Men were running around in Fox films just a couple of years ago, so Feige will wait a few years(or many) to give the world a little distance from them before re-creating these same mutants all over again. Similarly, Kevin Feige isn't going to fight and stomp his feet to put Venom and Carnage in Far From Home or some other MCU flick if they're already in Sony exclusive films. And Sony isn't going to allow it anyway lest it delegitimize Venom 2 or Morbius or whatever. That's part of Kevin Feige's job to think of the big picture story, not just within the MCU, but how it relates to other Marvel characters outside of it. In a way, it's also Amy Pascal's job at Sony.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

59 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Where is @Jaydogrules?

He was the biggest Venom movie booster (and, conversely, Into the Spider-Verse detractor) on the boards. :baiting:

I liked him.  Had a way of (bothering) people off without trying to (bothering) people offlol.

***He really did love Venom

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
Forum exclude some words it didn't like

2 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Where is @Jaydogrules?

He was the biggest Venom movie booster (and, conversely, Into the Spider-Verse detractor) on the boards. :baiting:

:shy: Definitely excited for this one.  I liked this first teaser better than I did the first teaser for the first movie.  

Carnage already looks spot on, even with the less than polished CGI.

Will definitely catch this in the theater.  :x

-J.

12 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Hardy & Woody...nuff said. They are the only draw for me, at this point...

That is really what gives me hope this is going to be a wildly entertaining film.

Two very strong actors in the same comic book production. I'll take it!

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

That is really what gives me hope this is going to be a wildly entertaining film.

Two very strong actors in the same comic book production. I'll take it!

My thoughts exactly. 

Aren't both leads Oscar nominees/winners?  The new director definitely has an Oscar.  People complaining about the same kind of nonsense that made the first movie an $850MM earner make me :eyeroll:.  Sony has obviously kept that element, but carnage looks way more badass than Riot already.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Aren't both leads Oscar nominees/winners?  The new director definitely has an Oscar.  People complaining about the same kind of nonsense that made the first movie an $850MM earner make me :eyeroll:.  Sony has obviously kept that element, but carnage looks way more badass than Riot already.  

-J.

Umm...no, Andy Serkis does not have an Oscar; in fact, he's never even been nominated.

And folks around here *hate* Captain Marvel, in which both leads were Oscar winners (Brie Larson) or nominees (Samuel L. Jackson).

They also hate Iron Man 3, which featured 2 winners (Ben Kingsley, Gwyneth Paltrow) and one nominee (Robert Downey, Jr.).

But sure.

Edited by Gatsby77

36 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Umm...no, Andy Serkis does not have an Oscar; in fact, he's never even been nominated.

And folks around here *hate* Captain Marvel, in which both leads were Oscar winners (Brie Larson) or nominees (Samuel L. Jackson).

They also hate Iron Man 3, which featured 2 winners (Ben Kingsley, Gwyneth Paltrow) and one nominee (Robert Downey, Jr.).

But sure.

Oh my bad, he has only won a couple of SAG awards and "only" been nominated for a couple of golden globes and Emmys.  :eyeroll:

Point is, he is a talented and experienced in this kind of film craft.  And certainly a well pedigreed film does not automatically result in quality, but then again, as I said in my post, Sony isnt going for super serious "high art" or "messaging" here, and from the cast and crew the they've put together all with past experience in this wheelhouse,  they seem once again poised to deliver the goods on what made the first one a hit.  (thumbsu

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

41 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Oh my bad, he has only won a couple of SAG awards and "only" been nominated for a couple of golden globes and Emmys.  :eyeroll:

Point is, he is a talented and experienced in this kind of film craft.  And certainly a well pedigreed film does not automatically result in quality, but then again, as I said in my post, Sony isnt going for super serious "high art" or "messaging" here, and from the cast and crew the they've put together all with past experience in this wheelhouse,  they seem once again poised to deliver the goods on what made the first one a hit.  (thumbsu

-J.

:roflmao:

While 2018’s Venom movie – starring Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock, the human host of Marvel’s Spider-Man-adjacent alien symbiote – was a major box office hit, there are plenty of changes behind the scenes for its upcoming sequel, Venom: Let There Be Carnage. For one, it has a fresh director in Gollum himself, Andy Serkis – but it's also had a switch-up in the writing department too. On sole screenplay duties this time is the returning Kelly Marcel, but the ‘Story By’ credit sees her working alongside a very intriguing writer: Tom Hardy. (The actor, not the 19th Century Far From The Madding Crowd novelist, to be clear.)

Marcel and Hardy have had a collaborative partnership going back nearly 20 years, but this will mark his first writing credit on a feature film. “This is new for him, to get credit,” Marcel tells Empire in the new The Suicide Squad issue, “but it’s not new for him to be this involved. He’s absolutely 100 per cent committed to everything that he does.” It’s fitting that Hardy’s first writing credit will be for a character he’s deeply connected to, both on and off screen. “He’s married to Venom,” says Marcel. “He loves this character. He’s very involved in what he thinks should happen.”

While Marcel gets the full screenplay credit, her -script sprang from lengthy conversations with Hardy where they hashed out how exactly Venom and chaotic red symbiote Carnage (which attaches itself to Woody Harrelson’s serial killer Cletus Kasady) will collide on screen. “He doesn’t get a pen and write,” explains Marcel of Hardy’s process. “We spent months breaking the story together on FaceTime, riffing on ideas, seeing what worked, seeing what didn’t. Then I took everything we spoke about and holed up somewhere for three months quietly, knocking out a -script.”

On 5/11/2021 at 10:28 AM, Gatsby77 said:

But sure.

Hey, I think she's sexy

If you're still holding out hope to see Tom Hardy's Venom in the Marvel Cinematic Universe someday, you might actually be in luck. Kevin Feige has been chatting with most online outlets in support of Black Widow for the better part of July, and in one stop, the Marvel Studios head made quite the revelation. In a world where superhero cinema runs Hollywood, the Marvel producer suggests anything's possible with a potential crossover between Marvel Studios and Sony, namely Tom Hardy's Eddie Brock/Venom.

Feige's reveal came in a chat with Rotten Tomatoes, where he revealed he wouldn't "rule anything out" when it comes to the potential of an inter-universe crossover.

"I don't want to talk about rumors or speculation on what could happen or couldn't happen as it relates to characters Marvel Studios hasn't brought to the screen yet, but I will say what I've always said having been at Marvel Studios for 20 years, I wouldn't dismiss anything. I wouldn't rule anything out," Feige told the website.

He added, "When and how and where remains to be seen. Any rumor you read online could happen anytime between tomorrow and never."