• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers 3... slab-worthy? Not sure...

11 posts in this topic

Just now, c_mkv said:

2.5 and unfortunately I don't think it's a candidate for being slabbed.

I'm thinking 3.0 would be the cut-off for this book. But I've been wrong... I've got a Hulk 2 that I thought was a non-slabbing 1.0 that now I'm gonna get slabbed. (pressed first)

1 hour ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

a 2.0 would b worth like around 90.00 bucks.....so i wouldn't consider slabbing....  i think an old book like this should be worth around 150.00  to consider slabbing.....everyone's threshold is different but what do the rest of you say ?  At what cash level do you consider slabbing ?

It's not just the cash level... it's also the difference between the sale price of raw versus slabbed at the same grade. There are other factors as well. Key, non-key... do you want to enjoy it versus sell it.... and high grade is a huge factor. I've got a Captain America 117 that's probably in Fine condition. It's a key, and a great book... but on eBay a slabbed FN and a raw FN recently sold for exactly the same dough... $130. The GPA average at 6.0 is $160. I probably won't slab it. If it were in VF or better, darn straight I would.