PGM Avengers 3... slab-worthy? Not sure...
1 1

11 posts in this topic

1,101 posts

AV3cover.jpeg.thumb.jpeg.7c190a230361ab03f713f4e74f016138.jpegAV3back.jpeg.thumb.jpeg.b0acb26564a26ce90d065fe15a407877.jpeg

This book in low grade doesn't appear to be worth much, for whatever reason. The stains on the back look to be encrusted food. (!) So they could be removed, potentially. But... really? I await your grade... and the fate of this book. :)

1,101 posts
Just now, c_mkv said:

2.5 and unfortunately I don't think it's a candidate for being slabbed.

I'm thinking 3.0 would be the cut-off for this book. But I've been wrong... I've got a Hulk 2 that I thought was a non-slabbing 1.0 that now I'm gonna get slabbed. (pressed first)

1,101 posts
2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

reading copy only ..... live and learn ........

Eh, I got it 20 years ago as a throw in on an Avengers 200-402 run. And it has a new happy owner now! Win win! :)

a 2.0 would b worth like around 90.00 bucks.....so i wouldn't consider slabbing....  i think an old book like this should be worth around 150.00  to consider slabbing.....everyone's threshold is different but what do the rest of you say ?  At what cash level do you consider slabbing ?

1,101 posts
1 hour ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

a 2.0 would b worth like around 90.00 bucks.....so i wouldn't consider slabbing....  i think an old book like this should be worth around 150.00  to consider slabbing.....everyone's threshold is different but what do the rest of you say ?  At what cash level do you consider slabbing ?

It's not just the cash level... it's also the difference between the sale price of raw versus slabbed at the same grade. There are other factors as well. Key, non-key... do you want to enjoy it versus sell it.... and high grade is a huge factor. I've got a Captain America 117 that's probably in Fine condition. It's a key, and a great book... but on eBay a slabbed FN and a raw FN recently sold for exactly the same dough... $130. The GPA average at 6.0 is $160. I probably won't slab it. If it were in VF or better, darn straight I would.