• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Canadian Mark Jewelers Copy
3 3

153 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Beyonder123 said:

I have a list of the insert codes with the months they were distributed. When I get home I will check to see if the code of this book lines up with the month it came out.

Where do you find the insert codes? 

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:

Depends how many Daredevil completists get to hear about it. If there are any that is :grin:

Well, it is an issue from a great story arc so I guess anything is possible....alright... I'm starting to sound like a broken record now.

And while I don't think anyone has accused me of any manipulation, I can say for certain that I didn't do anything with the comics. I cannot, however, say that the previous owner/owners did not. I will take more pictures when I get home, and then let the bidding begin on the second copy.

Mwahahahahahahahaha!

10 minutes ago, RCheli said:

And while I don't think anyone has accused me of any manipulation, I can say for certain that I didn't do anything with the comics. I cannot, however, say that the previous owner/owners did not. I will take more pictures when I get home, and then let the bidding begin on the second copy.

Mwahahahahahahahaha!

Just to be clear from my perspective that didn't even cross my mind. :foryou:

I was thinking more that a previous owner had 'made it' and sent it out into the world for a laugh. But the more it goes on, the more it looks like it could be a genuine anomaly. 

3 minutes ago, Beyonder123 said:
31 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Depends how many Daredevil completists get to hear about it. If there are any that is :grin:

I would definitely pay a bit of a premium.

Yep. Mad isn't it. If it were an ASM, and it was ten years ago, and authentic, I'd have bid like a lunatic. 

18 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Yep. Mad isn't it. If it were an ASM, and it was ten years ago, and authentic, I'd have bid like a lunatic. 

when and where would you have something like this graded? I mean I already have a Newsstand Batman #24 that is back at CGC due to "mislabel".....

I would love to take it to a onsite grading at a con, unfortunately they don't do those in Dallas Texas.... wouldn't that be nice? I mean I would have to go before CGC and do the following

hqdefault.jpg

33 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Just to be clear from my perspective that didn't even cross my mind. :foryou:

I was thinking more that a previous owner had 'made it' and sent it out into the world for a laugh. But the more it goes on, the more it looks like it could be a genuine anomaly. 

My view is that this is likely a misprint that they just slapped the 75 cent stickers on for the bases. That would have been the cheapest way to solve the problem - there is no way that Marvel would have reprinted that portion of the print run.

It makes me wonder if this happened with any other books in the same month?

1 hour ago, RCheli said:

Mwahahahahahahahaha!

ISmell Money Mike Wagner GIF - ISmellMoney MikeWagner BillionsMike GIFs

Edited by kimik

19 minutes ago, davidpg said:

I've never seen a Canadian price variant with an insert before.  Possible there was some crossover while changing the price plates...that's what I'd imagine.

So what would we call it if so? A misprint? It's in there in error, not by design. I'll have to start checking pence copies now :grin: