• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Canadian Mark Jewelers Copy
3 3

153 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Would it be the same? I know there are different Mark jeweler inserts, bit I don't know if the are the same per month, per issue etc.

I have no idea.  While I suspect I own several more, the only Mark Jeweler issue I know I have for sure is Logan's Run #6, and I only know that because I ran across the issue in storage a few weeks ago.  BUT, if somebody had the 75c version, it would give us some info, one way or another. I'm also curious if the 75c MJ version exists at all; I'm not clear on how completely documented every possible issue having the variant is.

On 11/29/2018 at 3:52 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Get Marwood & I what did you think of the pics? ^^ 

Here is a fun Christmas song while you peruse :foryou: 

I like the song Mark, thanks. And the comic does indeed look legit. 

On 11/27/2018 at 9:47 PM, RCheli said:

I was just bagging some dollar comics tonight when I came upon a Canadian price variant (95 cent) of Daredevil #231 with a Mark Jewelers insert. I did some Googlin' and I couldn't find anything on them.

Are there any Mark Jewelers experts that can help?

We'll it's in the mail to cgc :)

we shall see how it goes... :wishluck:

22 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Get Marwood & I behold the correct label haha

20190213_170010.jpg

Well done Mark. A Canadian MJI is not something I thought I would ever see :headbang:

1 minute ago, DjMartini said:

Very cool. I am big fan of Mark Jewelers variants (I have a New Mutants 98 as a grail). This is definitely one for the books, congrats!

:golfclap:

Thanks! I'm so glad that it was "real" and not a purple label :D

6 minutes ago, CanadianGothic said:

@ADAMANTIUM

If you're interested in selling it, Angelo is interested.

Although he's not convinced it hasn't been manipulated :)

I don't know Angelo, but it has a blue label is all I can say lol

I trust cgc's resto check....

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Angelo is one of the guys who put the CPV price guide together.  

The code did match up and while it is possible someone practicing their manipulating skills could be smart enough to ensure they matched the code, I doubt they'd care enough to do so... especially if they were just practicing. 

2 minutes ago, CanadianGothic said:
10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The code did match up and while it is possible someone practicing their manipulating skills could be smart enough to ensure they matched the code, I doubt they'd care enough to do so... especially if they were just practicing. 

I'm the one who submitted the book for grading (shrug)

I know it's a legit cert number...

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
4 minutes ago, CanadianGothic said:

I'm the one who submitted the book for grading (shrug)

I know it's a legit cert number...

Oh my bad, you mean code of manipulating a book, not code as in computer yo manipulate looking up said cert in cgc verification lol

My bad...

I mean the whole sale and submission is included in this thread, but I suppose anything is possible. I also submitted it and trust cgc's resto check...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 2/13/2019 at 5:27 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

20190213_170010.jpg

@Red_Hood @awe4one @kimik

@Lazyboy @Beyonder123

You guys have contributed to this thread, any thoughts now that it's back in a blue label?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

35 minutes ago, RCheli said:

As the seller of the book, I can say with pretty much certainty that it was not manipulated. I sold the other copy I had to @FlyingDonut so we can ask him about that one. 

I have a feeling your not going to please everybody,

Spoiler

It might be that me, you, and flying donut will be the only believers in a world of disbelief. I've reconciled to that already lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Red_Hood @awe4one @kimik

@Lazyboy @Beyonder123

You guys have contributed to this thread, any thoughts now that it's back in a blue label?

Like I said earlier in the thread, it is legit. Whether it was a misprint or not does not matter, it is a CDN price edition with the MJI. Case closed.

5 minutes ago, kimik said:

Like I said earlier in the thread, it is legit. Whether it was a misprint or not does not matter, it is a CDN price edition with the MJI. Case closed.

I like the cut of your jib! Simple and plain :shy:

I just went a day with it back, and having posted with positive response, the sudden cast of doubt went in too deep lol

I had thought it was done, sorry if I was a little over the top or edge... then there was the cgc verification that I called about at 9 am that none of my modern sub was in the system. Molly of the cgc registry called me back to now see that tis cert is right when looked up....

just a lot to take in...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM