• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auction prices/fair market
1 1

10 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, BCarter27 said:

Wow, that was the most long-winded description of shilling I've ever read. Remember when journalists had to be succinct?

Never. They have to fill column space.

And of course, it raises some questions about the prices on some of the OA out there.

22 hours ago, suspense39 said:

That is brought up in the documentary The Price of Everything and talked about.  If you want to see how "fake" the art world is, and what happens to gin up interest in the next auction/big thing/under valued artist/whatever watch it. 

Edited by Lucky Baru

37 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

That is brought up in the documentary The Price of Everything and talked about.  If you want to see how "fake" the art world is, and what happens to gin up interest in the next auction/big thing/under valued artist/whatever watch it. 

It’s a decent documentary, but as usual, confuses the art market with the art word (I hate that term). It also continues to hammer home that the price is reflective of its excellence.....which is just not always the case. 

18 hours ago, suspense39 said:

It’s a decent documentary, but as usual, confuses the art market with the art word (I hate that term). It also continues to hammer home that the price is reflective of its excellence.....which is just not always the case. 

I thought it exposed just how fake the art world is, the people within it are, the prices of the art is, and the length the parties within it will go to keep prices inflated.

My favorite comment was that there are few leaders within the art world and many lemmings.lol

Edited by Lucky Baru