• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADE IS IN Please grade my extensively taped X-Men 1

34 posts in this topic

On 11/29/2018 at 10:12 AM, oldrover said:

They SAY tape won't count against it, but a lot of tape will. I have an ASM 13 with a spine covered in tape that I thought, hey, better CGC before the movie comes out. And since tape doesn't count, I should get like a 2.0 on it! 

If a comic is a 2.0 or 3.0....does minor or moderate amount of tape effect the grade(like a piece or 2 of tape)...

I've read conflicting Grading standards where some say when you reach 2 or 3.0 tape is acceptable without effecting the grade?

3 minutes ago, billbrown7080 said:

If a comic is a 2.0 or 3.0....does minor or moderate amount of tape effect the grade(like a piece or 2 of tape)...

I've read conflicting Grading standards where some say when you reach 2 or 3.0 tape is acceptable without effecting the grade?

in theory, CGC treats the tape like it's not there and grades it as such. 

In practice, I believe it's difficult to look at a lot of tape and not downgrade the book.

But a piece or two should not affect the grade dramatically... unless otherwise it's an 8.0. :)

I sent it off to @joeypost a little while ago, it should be hitting cgc anytime now. The difference between 1.0 and 1.5 is quite a bit of money, so here's hoping it does well. It is a funky book so who knows!

Edited by Bird
I agree that it is prolly a 1.0 though

4 hours ago, Point Five said:

You had that old tape removed at the bottom staple, right? The book looks much nicer without it. Congrats!

joeypost did what joeypost does so that it would look better. He fixed it up nicely.