• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question with Thor #337 (1st Appearance of Beta Ray Bill)

10 posts in this topic

Slight premium associated with the Canadian price variant over the US versions.     

Maybe a little premium for newsstand (barcode) vs direct (spidey) if you can find a buyer that pays for that.  

18 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Maybe a little premium for newsstand (barcode) vs direct (spidey) if you can find a buyer that pays for that.  

Looking at ebay there may be more newsies out there.

Remembering when it came out, it was instantly hot. I remember my local shop putting it up on the wall for something ridiculous like $15, which was a lot for a brand new marvel back then. I don't think shops anticipated it and just ordered like a more regular Thor issue. They then ordered the bejezuz out of 338 and 339, I believe. One of my shops ordered something like 1000 copies of 339, I have like 75 of them. So, given the hottitude, my guess is that nearly every frigging newsstand copy got grabbed ASAP, possibly before they got trashed, unlike many newsies of the day, that might have 40-60% non-sale/return rates.

2 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

There is a fairly large difference in Canadian price variant vs. US direct and newsstand editions at the top end. The last US CGC 9.8 sold for $350 while the last CDN CGC 9.8 sold for $911 (both this month). From a 9.6 perspective, it is only 50-60% premium, it is in the 20-30% range for 9.2 and 9.4, and there is no premium below that. 

What that November sale tells me is I sold my CGC 9.8 Canadian price variants over the past few years for way too little. :tonofbricks:

russo brothers last night said they tried to put bill in avengers 3 but couldn't fit him in to do him justice. and we know they cut him from thor 3. seems like marvel is determined to use him in mcu and for more than a cameo. im betting thor 4 is a thor and bill vs sersi movie 

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:36 AM, williamblood said:

russo brothers last night said they tried to put bill in avengers 3 but couldn't fit him in to do him justice. and we know they cut him from thor 3. seems like marvel is determined to use him in mcu and for more than a cameo. im betting thor 4 is a thor and bill vs sersi movie 

BRB may show up in the new Loki TV show too.

On 11/29/2018 at 11:36 PM, williamblood said:

That would completely rule.  Thor being humbled and Bill borrowing Mjolnir for a while would be sweet, before they join forces to vanquish a common enemy.  Bring it on!